|Company:||Slater and Gordon Lawyers|
|Apps close:||Saturday 28th May 2022|
What are we looking for?
Our Employment Lawyers assist our clients with workplace disputes, disciplinary investigations, unfair dismissals, employment contract reviews, employment separation agreements, underpayment claims, bullying and discrimination complaints and other employment related claims, including, more recently, assisting clients during the COVID-19 pandemic and understating their work rights. If you have experience in employment law, or have a passion for industrial relations, then this could be exactly what you are looking for.
This role will have you working with like-minded lawyers based in Sydney, but liaising with the wider Slater and Gordon industrial and employment law team across the country.
Key to your success in this position will be a previous knowledge of employment law, together with a proactive, passionate and results driven nature. A typical day will have you responsible for the following:
- liaise with clients to understand case issues
- manage expectations independently; seeking guidance where appropriate
- conduct and manage new client enquiries
- maintain regular and open communication with clients.
Working with others:
- Liaise with other senior lawyers, counsel and external experts as required to clarify and resolve complex legal issues
- Supervise, mentor and support junior lawyers and legal support staff when required
Day to day:
- produce quality letters of advice, in a timely manner
- draft court documents when required
- conduct file reviews to identify any key issues
What will you bring?
Ideally, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- 1-3 years Post Admission Experience or recently admitted
- Previous experience and a passion for Employment law
- A personal understanding and affinity for the trade union movement
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise empathy and compassion to clients
- Experience in running files end to end
- Ability to exercise judgement and resolve problems quickly
- A strong team player
Why work for us?
Slater and Gordon is a leading Australian Personal Injury law firm. Our people are passionate advocates for clients, providing a personal and caring service. For their part, our clients value an expert, tailored service from people they can depend on.
We pride ourselves on offering accessible, world class legal services to people from all backgrounds and socio-economic circumstances. We work hard to simplify the legal process for them and provide support and guidance along the way.
At Slater and Gordon you’re exposed to varied and interesting work and the constant opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of everyday people.
Slater and Gordon employees enjoy a genuine opportunity for professional development in an environment that values and recognises high performance.
If you are motivated, hard working, and enjoy a fast-paced workplace, then consider a career with us. As a firm committed to promoting social justice, our staff value being part of an inclusive and diverse team. Candidates from all cultural backgrounds and social groups are encouraged to apply for this position.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to Slater and Gordon. We prefer to talk with you personally and are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.