|Salary:||to be negotiated|
|Company:||Medical Scientists Association of Victoria|
|Telephone:||0418 149 261|
|Apps close:||Friday 3rd December 2021|
The Medical Scientists Association of Victoria is an autonomous component association of Health Services Union - Victoria No 4 Branch. The MSAV represents a range of science qualified health professionals in the public and private health sectors in Victoria.
The MSAV is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic all-rounder to work as part of a small, progressive team. Our team perform a wide range of duties incorporating all facets of both industrial and organising work.
The role includes recruiting and organising members in the public and private sectors, advocacy, negotiations with employers and government, directly representing members in workplace matters, representing the Union in various forums, provision of strategic advice and mentoring staff.
Flexible working hours are available for the right applicant.
Necessary Experience & Qualifications:
• Previous experience as an Organiser or Industrial Officer will be regarded highly
• Experience in the Fair Work Commission and knowledge of industrial instruments and collective bargaining
• Knowledge of the health industry would be an advantage
• Demonstrated commitment to trade union values
• Ability to work as a part of a small industrial team
• Good communication skills
• Experience at recruiting new union members
• Current drivers license
• Demonstrated commitment to the trade union movement is essential
• Tertiary qualifications are desirable.
An attractive salary, including vehicle allowance, will be negotiated with the successful applicant, depending on qualifications and experience.
Applicants should obtain a copy of the Position Description by Emailing the MSAV at firstname.lastname@example.org or it can be downloaded from our website at www.msav.org.au.
Enquiries may be addressed to Matt Hammond, Assistant Secretary, on 0418 149 261.
Applications together with curriculum vitae and the names of 2 professional referees should be addressed to:
Level 1, 62 Lygon Street
Carlton South Victoria 3053