|Company:||United Firefighters Union of Australia - Vic Branch|
|Apps close:||Friday 12th November 2021|
About the United Firefighters Union of Australia – Victorian Branch
The United Firefighters Union of Australia is a registered federal union of career firefighters and other fire service personnel. The Victorian Branch of the United Firefighters Union of Australia represents career firefighters, emergency call centre employees and fire agency corporate, administration, hospitality, technical and mechanical employees across Fire Rescue Victoria, Country Fire Authority & more.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a law degree to gain experience in both industrial and employment law. We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who is keen to develop their legal skills and is capable of working quickly and efficiently.
Key responsibilities & functions:
• Provision of workplace advice, support and advocacy for UFU members
• Knowledge and ability to interpret relevant industrial instruments
• Build and maintain effective working relations with elected Union Officials, Delegates and members
• Providing support for workplace campaigns
• Help to develop submissions for Parliamentary Inquiries, Senate Inquiries, Coronial Inquests, etc.
• Help to brief senior & junior counsel in industrial and legal matters
• Given the urgent nature of emergency services members’ work, understand the requirement to provide services to UFU members in accordance with UFU’s obligations under the applicable enterprise agreements expeditiously.
To be successful in the role, you must possess the following essential attributes:
• Tertiary degree in Law
• Evidence of a commitment to union values
• Evidence of an interest in industrial relations
• A demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
• Well-developed written and verbal communications, interpersonal and time management skills
• A current Driver’s Licence
Conditions of Employment
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on skills and experience. A professional development pathway will be developed for the individual needs of the successful applicant.
The union is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply for this job
If you feel this is the right role for you, please send your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the key selection criteria to Laura Campanaro, Industrial Officer Coordinator via email email@example.com.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your time.