|Company:||Hall Payne Lawyers|
|Apps close:||Monday 9th August 2021|
Industrial Relations and Employment Law Solicitor 5+ PAE
A rare opportunity exists for a solicitor, at either Senior Associate or an Associate looking to attain Senior Associate level, to join the highly regarded industrial relations/employment law team at Hall Payne Lawyers.
The position will be located in Melbourne and will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to continue to build our practice and work at the cutting edge of employment/industrial law. Our team takes a collaborative and supportive approach in the provision of legal services to a diverse client base consisting of unions, their members, employees, and community organisations. The values, passion and unity of the staff have contributed to our strong culture and a harmonious work environment.
Hall Payne Lawyers’ national industrial relations / employment law team provide a broad range of services including:
* assisting major unions and professional associations with strategic advice around bargaining, secret ballots, and industrial action;
* representation and advocacy in industrial disputes and general protection matters;
* drafting and advising in relation to employment contracts;
* advising on restraint of trade and confidentiality matters;
* unfair dismissal and general protections claims, as well as advising and assisting in relation to related termination and redundancy matters;
* discrimination and sexual harassment claims;
* prosecution and recovery of unpaid wages and entitlements; and
* advising in relation to union right of entry.
Members of our IR/employment team also have the opportunity to gain experience in diverse and challenging areas of the law as required by clients, including corporate and associations law, coronial inquests, defamation, and electoral and political legal issues.
Our highly specialised team has an exemplary record of successfully representing employees and organisations in both the Courts and in specialist tribunals. Working with us gives people great opportunities to hone their advocacy skills, as our lawyers often appear in complex matters rather than briefing Counsel.
Hall Payne Lawyers ensures that all staff have client contact and ready access to senior lawyers.
The successful applicant will possess previous experience in employment and industrial law in private practice. You will assist in large and complex litigations, predominantly in the Federal Court of Australia. You will demonstrate a solid understanding of industrial relations and employment law issues, be dedicated, passionate and have strong drafting, advisory and advocacy skills. You should also be prepared to undertake arbitrations, conciliation conferences and hearings.
An attractive salary package together with generous staff benefits, rarely seen in a private practice law firm, is on offer.
Our staff believe in their vocation and are committed to fighting for the rights of all workers.