|Salary:||Salary will depend on skills and experience|
|Apps close:||Monday 14th June 2021|
With the needs of members’ front of mind, the Organiser will focus on growing and maintaining membership levels to build power at work for the people who inform and entertain Australia.
They will be responsible for implementing our campaigning, industrial and organising work.
Key duties include:
• Maintaining and building membership levels and union influence
• Identifying areas of potential membership and developing appropriate strategies to recruit
• Building and maintaining the unions’ presence and influence within our workplaces
• Development of workplace organising structures and organise/manage committee structures in nominated areas
• Assist with negotiations for enterprise agreements
• Providing basic industrial advice
• Providing advocacy where appropriate, negotiation and representation in the workplace or at conciliation conference on matters of pay and conditions, conflict resolution and other matters as appropriate
• Training and skills transfer to delegates and leaders
• Meet recruitment and organising targets
• Increase in the number of activists
• Identify, develop and increase activist levels
• Identify issues of concern and develop and implement organising solutions
• Provide sound industrial advice
• Follows industrial protocols
• Increase in rates of pay, improved conditions and a strong sense of collective strength among membership.
• Implement organising plans
The organiser will work closely with the section Directors and Director of Operations. They will have the skills and initiative to implement organising plans to achieve targeted outcomes.
Internal work contacts
Director, Media, Equity ECS
External work contacts
The position is available on a permanent basis with a package dependent on skills and experience. Benefits include 10.5% employer contribution to superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave each year plus an additional 3 days leave between Christmas and New Year.
Applications close at 5pm on 14 June 2021. Please forward your resume with a covering letter addressing the essential requirements to email@example.com