|Salary:||Negotiable based on experience|
|Apps close:||Friday 12th March 2021|
Professionals Australia (PA) is a contemporary and innovative union, representing the industrial and professional interests of professional employees across Australia. Our members include engineers, scientists, pharmacists, managers, IT professionals, translators and interpreters, and architects.
We are committed to growing and strengthening our membership in workplaces and across industries and professions.
We strive to make a positive difference to members’ working and professional lives and we are working hard to gain greater respect, recognition and rewards for our members and the vital professional services they deliver.
PA is known for expanded service offerings, alternate membership models and digital marketing to achieve membership growth and retention.
We are looking for an exceptional leader to manage our Queensland team and to play a critical role in PA’s broader leadership team, working collaboratively with directors in other states/territories and other functional areas.
The Director will be responsible for:
* Leading the Queensland team, managing its operations, driving change and improved performance.
* Contributing to PA’s leadership team, strategic planning, and building a collaborative and productive workplace culture.
* Developing and delivering a state plan and activities to support PA’s objectives at the state level, especially organising and industrial strategies and campaigns.
* Working closely and collaboratively with PA’s elected officials and committees and providing reports and support as required.
* Developing, coaching, and mentoring staff to drive membership growth.
* Undertaking advocacy on behalf of PA and its members in a range of settings.
* Representing PA in a range of forums, consultative bodies and working parties.
* Building relationships with other unions.
* Managing relationships with employer representatives, industry, and government agencies.
* Representing members in industrial commissions, tribunals and courts.
* Negotiating workplace pay and conditions and resolving workplace issues and disputes.
* Supporting a healthy and safe workplace and a diverse and inclusive workforce.
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, and PA’s policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
We are seeking a leader who has:
* Extensive experience in a leadership role, managing teams, resource planning and budgets.
* Experience in contributing to a senior leadership team and organisational strategic planning.
* Demonstrated experience in building successful teams and building a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace culture.
* Experience in developing and delivering successful organizing and industrial campaigns, including online campaigns.
* Experience in advocacy to government to achieve policy outcomes for members.
* Extensive knowledge of contemporary industrial relations, including industrial, health and safety and equal opportunity legislation.
* Experience in representing members in negotiations and before industrial commissions and tribunals.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to produce high quality plans and reports.
* Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills to build our membership base, manage the team and work with PA’s committees and staff.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver work programs on time and within budget.
* Demonstrated commitment to union values and integrity.
* A relevant tertiary qualification.
* A ROE permit or ability to obtain one.
* A current driver’s licence.
People from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must address the skills and experience criteria above.
For more information, please contact Jill McCabe CEO on 0402 262 286 or at email@example.com