|Company:||CFMEU Manufacturing Division|
|Apps close:||Monday 7th December 2020|
TCF Sector Compliance Officer – CFMEU Manufacturing Division, Victorian District
Applications close: 5pm on Monday 7 December 2020
The Manufacturing Division is a division of the Construction Forestry Maritime Mining and Energy Union. Our industries include forestry, wood-processing, timber & building products, construction activity such as glazing and floor-laying, and manufacturing activity such as furniture-making, glass production, pulp & paper, soft furnishings, textiles, clothing and footwear.
Employer: CFMEU Manufacturing Division
Work Type/s: 12 Month Fixed Term Position Full Time
Classifications: Advocacy & Campaigns, Unions & Workers Rights, Recruitment
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
TCF Sector Compliance Officer
Work within the Textile Clothing & Footwear Sector, Manufacturing Division CFMEU. The TCF Sector is seeking a new Compliance Officer to join our high energy, passionate, progressive team in Victoria.
As our Compliance Officer, you will:
• Visit and meet with workers in TCF factories, sweatshops and home-based work environments
• Audit supply chains for compliance with all legislative minimum standards and health & safety requirements.
• Map and analyse company supply chains.
• Prepare correspondence, reports, campaigns and work to resolve noncompliance in the TCF Sector
• Report to the Ethical Clothing Australia’s Union`s National Compliance officer
Does this sound like you?
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience as an organiser in a union or community context may be an advantage
• Passion for the union movement.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated recruitment, organising and negotiation skills.
• Ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds.
1. Experience working with migrant and non-English speaking background communities.
2. Experience in activist campaigns.
• Capacity to speak a community language will be highly regarded.
• Drivers Licence
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Capacity to work irregular working hours
Interested? Other information you should know
Applicants must be residents who are eligible to work in Australia and must have eligibility to obtain a Right of Entry Permit.
The position will be based in Melbourne.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with relevant experience and competence, will be offered to the successful applicant.
How to apply for this job:
Applications should address the Selection Criteria and be submitted by email to Maria Kaplanis, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Monday 7 December 2020.