|Company:||Rigby Cooke Lawyers|
|Telephone:||03 9321 7888|
|Apps close:||Sunday 30th August 2020|
Rigby Cooke Lawyers is a full service law firm providing commercial expertise and industry knowledge to private and public sector clients across Australia.
With origins that can be traced back to the 1840s, we have earned our reputation of achieving success for – and with – our clients, by remaining adaptive to change. We do this by understanding each of our clients’ businesses and industry, and by staying at the forefront of changes in technology and legislation.
This is because, above all else, we remain true to our mission, Our people: Your success.
Our lawyers are technically excellent in their areas of expertise; but more importantly for our clients, they are genuinely concerned with the application of the law in the ‘real world’ to get results. We are outcome-focused and commercially-minded – helping our clients achieve their goals in the most effective and efficient manner is our key objective.
Our clients range from some of the largest and best known Australian and overseas companies to mid-market, privately owned or publicly listed companies, government entities and private clients with a mix of commercial and family assets and investments.
We can work with our clients by providing full-service ongoing support for all their commercial and private needs or by offering specialty expertise when required
About The Role
Reporting to the Partners in the Workplace Relations Team, the Associate role will be accountable for providing legal advice in relation to a variety of workplace relations and industrial matters.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Resolve industrial disputes, including advocacy in industrial tribunals
• Negotiate and draft agreements
• Manage workplace relations matters including Fair Work Commission (FWC) activities and employment related litigation
• You must seek to ensure the best possible industrial and workplace relations outcomes are achieved for our clients
• Deliver timely, accurate and cost effective legal advice that meets the strategic objectives of the businesses
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Demonstrated experience practising law in the industrial/workplace relations arena
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment frameworks and associated legislation
• Strong drafting skills
• Must be a team player and passionate about this area of law
• Experience in private practice and/or in an in-house commercial environment
• The candidate must hold a current practising certificate
• Four years plus experience
• Must be currently at Associate level, aspiring to Senior Associate
We value respect, accountability and being a team player. We offer the following benefits:
• Opportunities for growth and career development
• Access to professional development programs
• Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Salary continuance insurance for all staff
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the job posting via the link provided above. For any queries please contact our HR Manager, Tiffany Smith on the phone number or email address supplied.