|Apps close:||Friday 31st July 2020|
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work! Copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/AboutCeridian
How To Apply:
Copy and Paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/APPLYLC
It will take you to Ceridian's website where you can then apply for this position (Legal Counsel, Req. #6101).
About The Position:
Ceridian is seeking an attorney with experience in interpreting the law and its application to technology to join our legal team. In this role you will have the opportunity to take the lead in addressing critical issues at the intersection of the law and HCM technology in an exciting, fast-paced company.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
•Provide guidance to teams from product, development, and marketing on legal issues related to product features at all stages of the product lifecycle.
•Review products, services, and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies.
•Remain up to date on relevant industry laws and regulations impacting product compliance in multiple jurisdictions.
•Respond to a wide range of legal inquiries regarding Ceridian’s products and provide legal advice on a variety of practice areas, including, but not limited to, corporate, commercial, compliance, employment, intellectual property, litigation, and other areas as assigned
Qualifications And Requirements:
• Licensed attorney admitted to practice law in Australia.
• Knowledge of employment laws and industrial relations in Australia.
• Knowledge of employment laws in New Zealand or Asia Pacific a plus.
• Combined in-house and law firm experience with a nationwide area of practice preferred.
• 3+ years of experience advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space strongly preferred.
• Workflow prioritization skills, with the ability to work independently
• Ability to translate legal advice into practical guidance for fast-paced product teams.
• Ability to interpret and apply laws in unsettled contexts.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills.
• Excellent legal research skills.
• Creative problem-solver who can efficiently resolve complex issues.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build effective relationships with internal clients and business partners.
• Ability to produce clear and concise written legal analysis to stakeholders.
• Confident self-starter with the ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.