|Telephone:||07 3840 1427|
|Apps close:||Monday 27th January 2020|
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 60,000 members. We have over 160 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Opportunity
We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Employee Relations Supervisor. In this position you will report to the Director People, Strategy and Research, and be responsible for managing and coordinating the day to day operational requirements of the ER team as well as contributing to the development and progression of the ER function.
In this position, you will supervise the ER team and play a key role in supporting Directors, Supervisors and Team Leaders in their supervisory roles as well as managing ER related projects, as directed.
Working with the relevant internal and external stakeholders and as part of a cohesive team, you will have a professional approach, and the ability to work proactively in a traditionally reactive environment. To be successful in this role you will possess:
• Relevant tertiary qualification in employment relations, human resources, or related field;
• Experience in employee relations, or similar, supervisory role;
• Demonstrated experience in the provision of industrial relations advice, including experience participating in the negotiation of enterprise agreements, is highly desirable;
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills, including direct staff supervision;
• Demonstrated experience analysing and improving people management functions and processes;
• Demonstrated effective conflict resolution and de-escalation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain internal organisational procedures and guidelines;
• Highly developed internal consulting skills to assist team leaders and supervisors to achieve their required people management objectives;
• Demonstrated commitment to QNMU’s values, purpose and trade unionism in general;
• High-level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills coupled with high attention to detail;
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, develop a pro-active approach to issues and work as a team member; and
• Demonstrated ability to critically analyse, evaluate, reach sound conclusions and provide viable options.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
• Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
• Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
• Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
• Commitment to ongoing professional development;
• Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
• Generous leave entitlements.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Jenner Rodgers, Employee Relations Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
To access the information package for this position, please refer to our QNMU jobs page at the following link:- www.qnmu.org.au/QNMUJobs or send an email to email@example.com.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a QNMU team member, please contact Jenner Rodgers, Employee Relations Officer on 07 3840 1427.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Closing date: 5pm Monday, 27th January 2020