|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Company:||Transport Workers’ Union of Australia|
|Telephone:||02 8114 6500|
|Apps close:||Tuesday 4th June 2019|
At the Transport Workers Union (TWU) National office we are expanding our national campaign team and we are seeking an additional strategic campaigner to join us.
The TWU is one of Australia’s leading campaigning trade unions. Our union fights to grow power and give transport workers from traditional and emerging sectors a powerful voice. We have an ambitious plan for industry action in 2020 and we ae looking for passionate, creative and hardworking officials to help us deliver the plan.
The Campaigner’s main focus is to grow union power by assisting with the coordination and implementation of national campaigns around the country through work with organisers and delegates. This is a role for someone who loves campaigning, organising, training, working with delegates and organisers, and putting in the effort to deliver real change.
The successful candidate will:
• Support the coordination and execution of the national campaign plan, including community campaigning and maximising growth.
• Assist in the implementation of organising strategies, plans and projects across branches and nationally (e.g. mass inductions, enforcement, multi-site disputes)
• Support the training and development of delegates and members across the campaign.
• Undertake and assist with research, planning, communications, and event management for campaign actions.
• Liaise with staff in other departments of the union to achieve success for the campaign.
• Build and manage relationships with staff in TWU state branches.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
• A proven track record as a union organiser or campaigner. Experience with supply chain campaigning, training or development a plus.
• A proven track record in sign up through activities like inductions.
• Some experience in comprehensive campaigning.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• A willingness to understand and implement union growth strategies.
• Strong communications skills, including demonstrated ability to write reports and draft internal and external communications.
• Good IT communications skills, including experience with Excel and digital communications.
• An interest in learning how to lead other team members.
• A commitment to labour values.
• The role will be based in our national office in Sydney, with interstate travel.
To apply, forward a Cover Letter CV to Emily McMillan, Chief of Campaigns, Transport Workers’ Union of Australia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Emily McMillan, Tel: 02 8114 6500.