|Company:||Fair Work Commission|
|Telephone:||03 8656 4802|
|Apps close:||Thursday 25th April 2019|
About the Fair Work Commission
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) is the national workplace relations tribunal. It is an independent body with power to carry out a range of functions relating to:
• The safety net of minimum wages and employment conditions
• Enterprise bargaining
• Industrial action
• Dispute Resolution
• Termination of Employment
• Registered Organisations
FWC is a statutory authority with offices in each State and Territory. The majority of staff are based in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
FWC staff are employed under the provisions of the Public Service Act 1999, which means they must uphold the APS Values and abide by the APS Code of Conduct. Employment conditions are set out in the Fair Work Commission Enterprise Agreement 2017- 2020.
Join our team
The Client Service Delivery Branch works across the FWC to provide services to both internal and external clients including document management of all applications lodged with FWC, customer service, information and support. The Branch is comprised of Client Service Delivery, Case Management and the National Conciliation Service.
Duties of the role
1. Lead the delivery of front-line services in registry, case management and dispute resolution.
2. Lead the ongoing review and improvement of these services.
3. Shape the branch’s strategic direction, develop plans and provide leadership to ensure operational teams provide specialist advice, support and assistance to internal and external clients.
4. Provide expert advice and assistance to FWC Members, the General Manager and senior managers.
5. Drive effective communication and a service excellence culture through strong leadership of the Branch across all State and Territory offices.
6. Represent the FWC and actively build sustainable professional relationships at a senior level with colleagues and stakeholders within the FWC, across Government and from external organisations.
7. Effectively contribute to the FWC Executive group including corporate management and related statutory responsibilities such as strategic planning, major projects, reporting, corporate and budgetary responsibilities.
8. Other duties as directed.
Our ideal candidate
• Has demonstrated experience in leading and improving client services in a public sector context.
• Has demonstrated experience in process management, business process improvement and change management.
• Is an excellent collaborator and communicator, with strong analytical skills and superior judgment.