|Salary:||Remuneration will be $65 000 to $80 000 depending on skills and experience|
|Company:||Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance|
|Apps close:||Tuesday 12th February 2019|
Do you believe that a free press matters to a strong civil society? Are you passionate about gender equality at work? Do you want all media professionals to have good jobs with fair pay where their work is respected?
Apply to work for MEAA. This role works as a part of a team committed to developing innovative ways to secure good jobs and equality at work by building leaders and acting together to make change.
You do not need to have worked for a union previously. This role would suit an experienced media worker, journalist, or community/campaigns organiser keen to work on issues of economic justice.
Key duties include:
* Recruiting and maintaining members to participate in our campaigns for good jobs
* Building leadership structures in specific industries in order to achieve campaign objectives
* Training and skills transfer to delegates and leaders
* Work with members and specialist union staff to plan and execute activities to address group and individual issues in line with campaign objectives
* Learn about the legal and policy framework to address workplace issues and work with specialist staff to devise innovative legal and policy responses to secure campaign wins
* Leader identification and development
* Advocacy, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
* Strategy, planning and structured organising skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to play a leadership role among members and leaders
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Commitment to trade union principles and workers’ rights
Remuneration will be $65 000 to $80 000 depending on skills and experience.
Applications close on February 12, 2019. Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter marked attention to Jennifer O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org