|Company:||Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)|
|Apps close:||Wednesday 26th August 2020|
• Temporary role, initial 6 months contract
• Part-time (hours negotiable). Possible school hours.
• Sydney CBD location
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
People & Development (P&D) are responsible for delivering people initiatives that are aligned with business strategy. The team delivers initiatives, advice and services that support Senior Executives, Managers and employees during their careers with ASIC.
You will be responsible for:
• advising on employment law and industrial relations issues, including advice on management of complex employment and industrial matters
• assisting with writing reports and preparation of draft papers for the Commission and the Executive leadership on employee relations or industrial issues which may affect ASIC
• preparing of documents and reports to support the Senior Legal Manager Employee Relations in, negotiations, consultation meetings, meetings with Unions and employee claims;
• drafting new policies based on workplace legislaiton00 or emerging P&D related needs
• facilitating training to the P&D team on performance management, conducting investigations and other employment law issues
• assisting in procuring legal advice.
The ideal candidate would have substantial post-admission relevant practice experience in the area of employment law and industrial relations. You will be capable of providing practical legal advice on a range of complex issues in the area of workplace relations, or a regulatory environment. Experience working for/with the Commonwealth Government would be beneficial. Ability to produce work autonomously with a proven track-record of achieving results within short timeframes is also essential for this role.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed.?ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.?
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please access the link below and view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.
Closing Date: 26th August, 2020