|Apps close:||Thursday 27th June 2019|
Workplace Connect is an innovative and progressive industrial relations advisory firm supporting employers from a multitude of industries Australia wide.
With a combined experience of over 60 years in industrial relations, human resources and OH&S, this boutique firm offers telephone and email advisory services for our Employer Protect™ and Contractor Protect™ clients on any employment related issue. In addition, we provide specialist workplace advisory services including employment agreements, workplace investigations, mediation, dispute resolution, conciliation, representation, training and education.
We aim to delight our clients with speed, accuracy and the professional delivery of our services.
The business is currently experiencing rapid growth which has created the need for a dynamic, knowledgeable and passionate Industrial Relations Specialist to join our team.
The key responsibilities in this role (as permitted by Law) include:
- Providing advice via phone and email to support our Employer Protect™ and Contractor Protect™ clients to reach compliance with the Fair Work Act, and other relevant Australian Employment Law; the Superannuation Guarantee Levy; and State/Territory/Commonwealth Long Service Leave laws, including the Portable Long Service Leave provisions.
- Interpreting industrial instruments e.g. Modern Awards, The National Employment
- Providing strategic, high level advice for investigations / employer initiated
terminations, adverse actions, unfair dismissal applications, industrial actions,
legislative breaches, wrongful terminations and industrial disputes.
- Providing employment contract advice & drafting along with policy advisement and
- Dispute management;
- Client representation in Tribunal matters;-
- Enterprise bargaining- commencement to conclusion;
- Investigation management; and
- Advocacy and promotion of employer interests.
The ideal candidate for this position will hold the following attributes:
- Strong understanding of HR policy, employment law and employee relations
- HR or IR qualifications/Para Legal/Legal would be well regarded, but not essential.
- Proven experience managing complex HR/IR matters
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with award interpretation.
- Sound knowledge and application of Commonwealth workplace laws.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of people to provide consistent,
responsive and high quality advice and support.
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing environment within the organisation.
Your Application must include:
- Covering Letter
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Lowe at Workplace Connect at email@example.com.
If you have the appropriate abilities, skills and experience, submit an application.
Applications close on 27 June 2019