|Apps close:||Saturday 14th May 2022|
At Holding Redlich, we’re much more than great law.
Holding Redlich delivers high quality work for a wide range of clients and is:
* A great place to work, with an open, caring and supportive culture, where valued relationships are at the core of who we are
* Committed to creating inclusive teams where the diverse perspectives of our people can be shared and celebrated
* Serious about fostering genuine flexibility across our business to support individual, team and client needs
* Invested in our people; both in the support we provide them as part of our Firm, and in their learning, development and growth
* A workplace that values coming together to connect, and to reflect on and celebrate our achievements
* Dedicated to giving back to, and making a difference in, the communities in which we live and work
About the Team
Our highly credentialed Employment and Industrial Relations team in Melbourne is a foundational practice in the firm. The team is led by partner, Evan Willis. Working alongside Evan is former partner, now Consultant, David Shaw together with five lawyers as well as graduates, paralegals and legal secretaries.
The practice offers a comprehensive employment law and industrial relations service to its clients, which include trade unions and their members, executives, non-executive employees and a number of high profile non-profit entities.
The work includes advisory and disputes matters including a regular flow of litigation. The team is heavily invested in the firm’s social justice pro bono work, including a significant focus in representing First Nations people in a range of significant matters.
This is an opportunity for an experienced employment lawyer to join a growing practice.
As a member of the team you will undertake complex, rewarding and sometimes high-profile work within a supportive environment. You will have direct access to clients and you will be responsible for managing files with appropriate support and supervision, depending on experience.
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of employment and industrial law matters including, but not limited to:
* Representing trade unions in relation to enforcing enterprise agreements, strategic litigation and advising members;
* Representing clients before Commissions of inquiry and other regulatory matters;
* Advising clients in relation to complex state and Commonwealth Electoral Law matters;
* Advising on and acting in contractual disputes for executives, including restraints of trade and confidential information matters;
* Acting for employees in negotiating employment terms and separation agreements; dismissal-related claims; underpayments; discrimination claims; workplace investigations and whistleblowing matters
Your skills and experience
Ideally, you will have at least 7 years PAE working predominantly in employment and industrial relations/ workplace relations, with litigation experience. However, experience in a related field (such as working for a trade union, working in commercial litigation or public law) with a demonstrated interest in employment and industrial relations will also be favourably considered.
You will have a genuine commitment to pursuing a career in this area and a commitment to representing, and advocating for, the legal interests of workers.
It is essential that you possess excellent communications and legal skills, are able to work comfortably in a team and autonomously to manage your time effectively. Experience supervising junior lawyers is highly desirable.
This is a rare opportunity for the right person to develop a career within a long-standing, respected and growing employment and industrial relations law practice.
More About Who We Are
Holding Redlich is a large national commercial law firm with offices across Australia. We are comprised of more than 500 employees and partners, and we provide the full range of legal services to many of Australia’s largest public and private companies, all levels of government, trade unions and individuals.
Great law is our starting point, and we look after our clients with the best legal thinking, expert industry knowledge and strong local and international connections. We strive for excellence in everything we do and we take pride in the quality of our work.
We understand that our success is due to our people, and we value the diverse personalities, talents and backgrounds they bring. We think it speaks volumes that many of our people have enjoyed developing and progressing their careers with us over a number of years.
We are at an exciting point in our growth trajectory and have experienced significant growth in our key practice areas in recent times. This enables us to continue to offer genuine career development and support with the opportunity for stimulating, challenging and meaningful legal and non-legal work.
And we are a law firm with heart, boasting a proud record of commitment to pro bono work and regularly contributing to charities nationwide via our Social Justice Fund.
For further information, please visit our Careers website.
To discuss this opportunity on a confidential basis, please contact Zoe Discombe, Talent Acquisition Manager, on (03) 9321 9802.