|Company:||CFMEU Construction and General Division|
|Apps close:||Thursday 20th January 2022|
The Construction & General Division of the CFMEU is looking for a National Industrial Officer based in its Melbourne office.
The position will work with Senior Legal and Industrial Officers and will undertake a range of industrial, legal and policy work including (but not limited to):
• Providing legal advice to Executive officers and Divisional Branches;
• Handling inquiries and advising Divisional Branches of developments in industrial law, modern award interpretation, and other relevant areas;
• Case preparation, management and appearances in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Courts (including briefing external law firms
and direct briefing Counsel) in litigation matters;
• Researching and writing submissions on legal, industrial and policy matters that affect the construction industry;
• Assisting in enterprise bargaining at the national level or on behalf of Divisional Branches; and
• Attending to union governance matters, including rule changes and other registered organisations law matters.
Experience and/or a strong understanding of the Fair Work Act 2009 is essential. Experience with the Building and Construction Industry (Improving Productivity) Act 2016, the building industry Modern Awards and the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2019 would be desirable.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
• A Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor with current practicing certificate;
• Previous experience in a union office or a labour law firm will be highly regarded;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe and related programs;
• Evidence of a commitment to union values;
• A demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as in a small team
Conditions of Employment
An attractive salary package with generous conditions (including rostered days off) will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on skills and experience.
Applications / CV to be sent by email only to email@example.com.
Close of Applications: COB Thursday 20 January 2022. Applicants who progress to interview stage will be notified within 14 days of close of Applications.