|Location:||Flexible location + WFH: SYD, MELB, ADL, BRIS or PER|
|Company:||Ai Group Workplace Lawyers|
|Apps close:||Friday 12th November 2021|
The Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) is a peak industry association in Australia which along with its affiliates represents the interests of more than 60,000 businesses in traditional, innovative and emerging industry sectors. We have been acting on behalf of businesses across Australia for nearly 150 years.
Ai Group’s Workplace Lawyers & Consulting is proud to partner with Ai Group in providing unrivalled workplace relations and consulting expertise. We specialise in workplace solutions ranging from traditional legal advice, litigation and advocacy, through to enterprise bargaining strategy and approval, complex dispute resolution, HR/IR strategy development and change management.
Due to organic growth and successful expansion, we are seeking senior legal practitioners to join our team.
In this role you will:
• Provide leadership and collaborate with a team that prides itself on providing legal and consulting services of the highest calibre;
• Will have a high degree of client interaction, including advising some of Australia's largest businesses;
• Will advise on a wide range of employment and industrial relations matters, disputes and claims, work health and safety issues, enterprise bargaining, grievances, bullying and discrimination;
• Confidently and independently appear in FWC, Court and Tribunal matters;
• Provide advice and support to Ai Group’s Workplace Advice Services;
• Manage, coach and mentor a team of talented workplace relations lawyers;
• Operate strategically to grow Ai Group’s business;
• Be accountable for the achievement of financial targets; and
• Role model and drive Ai Group’s vision, purpose and values.
Ideally, you will have:
- a minimum of 10-15 years’ workplace relations experience gained in a prominent mid or top tier law firm, in-house employer/employee organisation or legal professional services practice
- a current practising certificate at principal level or able to obtain at principal level;
- effective delegation and stakeholder management experience;
- well developed advocacy and negotiation skills;
- exceptional analytical and writing skills;
- demonstrable people management skills and experience;
- an approachable and collaborative leadership style.
We value our people and encourage a culture of continuous learning and development. You will have direct access to and insight from Ai Group’s Workplace Relations Policy Team, which is at the cutting edge of major workplace relations developments.
As an industry association that exists purely to support members and the business community, our in-house legal practitioners are not bound by private practice rigour of unrealistic billing targets and profit taking.
We offer genuine flexible options in the way you work together with a commensurate remuneration package (including salary continuance insurance, technology allowance and health & wellbeing benefits).
Ai Group Workplace Lawyers & Consulting is an inclusive organisation of like-minded people who are passionate about supporting businesses to achieve our vision of thriving industries and a prosperous community.