|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Company:||Australian & International Pilots Association|
|Telephone:||02 8307 7777|
|Apps close:||Thursday 11th November 2021|
Located in Mascot, the Australian and International Pilots Association (AIPA) is a professional member organisation representing over 2000 professional pilots employed within the Qantas Group including pilots employed by Qantas, Jetstar, QantasLink, Express Freighters and Network Aviation.
AIPA has a small team of 16 staff members promoting, protecting, and advancing the interests of our members by providing legal, welfare, industrial and safety & technical support.
We are looking for a lawyer of 4 or more years PQE and a specialisation in employment law and industrial relations. You will join a small in-house team, working with and under the general direction of AIPA’s Executive Director and Head of Legal. Your work will also include working alongside a committed Executive team.
• Bachelor of Laws
• Admitted, or eligible to be admitted, to practice law in NSW (or any other Australian state or territory)
• 4+ PQE, specialising in employment law and industrial relations, but applicants with a range of experience are welcome to apply
• Effective advocacy skills
• Excellent case management skills and ability to interpret and apply legislation, awards and enterprise agreements
• Strong written, verbal, negotiation, research and presentation skills are required.
• An unrestricted practicing certificate
• Aviation experience would be highly regarded
• Experience in enterprise bargaining and union governance
This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant Association, enjoying quality employment and industrial relations work in the ever-changing aviation industry. It is a full time position, and the salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The start date is flexible.
AIPA’s office is well appointed and resourced, located close to Mascot train station, limited parking options are available.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Philip Van Den Heever on 02 8307 7777.
Please forward your covering letter and CV using the email address provided.
We look forward to receiving your application!