|Company:||Australian Building and Construction Commission|
|Apps close:||Wednesday 20th October 2021|
Be part of something bigger
The role of the Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC) is to uphold the law and change behaviour to make the building and construction industry fair, efficient and productive.
Bring your passion and enthusiasm to a role that impacts an industry that is one of the largest contributors to GDP in Australia and provides employment to more than one million people.
Your new role
If you are a driven Lawyer who has a passion for workplace law, then this role may be for you! This position is available at the APS 5 or APS 6 level.
Joining our supportive Legal QLD/NT team located in our Brisbane office, you will play a critical role responsible for delivering legal services to the Regional site as well as contributing to the agency’s national legal practice.
Your typical duties include:
• Providing day-to-day legal advice and assistance to the ABCC’s Inspectors including managing civil litigation commenced by the agency and undertaking litigation processes.
• Managing external relationships, including with counsel and external legal providers.
• Conducting litigation in-house, under supervision, whether in the Fair Work Commission or Courts;
• Undertaking legal research, preparing legal and advice and drafting litigation documents.
• Providing advice and assistance to ABCC’s Inspectors during the course of their investigations into suspected breaches of Australia’s Fair Work laws and related legislation; and
• Managing complex civil litigation matters resulting from these investigations.
• Attending court to report on and instruct in ABCC litigation as appropriate and assisting in preparation for examinations conducted by ABCC.
Using your sound research and analytical skills, you will analyse cases and develop legal advice. In addition, you will have excellent verbal and written skills including an ability to prepare and provide legal advice.
You will have prior knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of applicable Australian workplace laws, litigation practice and procedure. If you can work effectively in a team to meet deadlines, have excellent attention to detail and are able to manage work priorities, we encourage you to apply.
You will be admitted as a legal practitioner and have at least 2 years’ post-admission experience. Litigation experience in a workplace relations or regulatory context will be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining an adaptive, high performing and inclusive organisation. Our wellbeing index score is among the best in the Australian Public Service (APS), according to the most recent APS Employee Census.
You will receive exceptional learning and development opportunities, flexible work options including the ability to work remotely, access to an employee benefits scheme, wellbeing initiatives all year round and an attractive base salary of $81,406 or $88,166 plus 15.4% superannuation.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, review the candidate information kit on our website for instructions on how to apply.
If you have questions regarding the role, you can contact Stacey Van der Meulen, Director - Legal QLD/NT on (07) 3223 1667 or email the Recruitment Team for more information.
To be eligible for employment at the ABCC, you must be an Australian Citizen and agree to pre-employment screening. This may include a criminal history (police) check, health clearances and character checks. Some positions may require additional checks to be performed and require a security clearance.
Applications close 11:30PM AEST, Wednesday 20 October 2021.