|Location:||Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or Melbourne|
|Apps close:||Sunday 17th October 2021|
Do you have 8 years’ + PQE experience working as an Employment Lawyer within a top or mid-tier law firm or in-house team?
Have you got experience advising and appearing before courts and tribunals across a wide range of employment and industrial legal topics, like discrimination and harassment, unfair dismissal, bullying, general protections, restraints of trade and confidentiality, managing performance, discipline and ill and injured employees, transfer of business, executive employment, enterprise bargaining, industrial action and right of entry?
If you are thinking about what's next in your legal career and looking for a new way to apply your substantial knowledge in a meaningful way that enables you to have a genuine work-life balance, then we have an exclusive opening to join the team of highly-regarded lawyer writers at Practical Law Australia!
We are seeking an expert senior lawyer who values a flexible role, a supportive team and a competitive salary and benefits.
Practical Law is the legal know-how solution from Thomson Reuters that provides more than 130,000+ lawyers worldwide a time-saving head start. Lawyers in law firms and legal departments across the world depend on Practical Law's market-leading legal guidance tool to advise with confidence and efficiency using our practical guides, precedents, and legal updates.
Practical Law's quality starts with its people. You will be joining the high calibre team of lawyer writers at Practical Law Australia, comprised of ex-top tier and senior in-house lawyers with substantial practicing experience and each of whom are admitted solicitors and experts in their fields.
We are seeking a senior lawyer with substantial and broad top or mid-tier law firm and/or in-house experience to plan, write and develop focused employment content resources depended on by practicing lawyers working in private practice and in-house environments across Australia.
We are particularly interested in talking with lawyers that have practised in discrimination and harassment, or backgrounds practising in industrial relations. In this highly collaborative role, and you will work closely with other writers in the Practical Law team in Australia and globally, as well as other team members from across the wider Thomson Reuters global business including sales, business development and marketing.
As a Senior Lawyer Writer, Employment for Practical Law Australia, you will be passionate about sharing your knowledge to provide our client base with high quality, useful and up to date content relevant to their special requirements. The innovative work environment at Thomson Reuters, Practical Law spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive and inclusive culture.
About the role:
In this new role of Senior Lawyer Writer, Employment, you will:
• Keep up to-date with employment law topics and monitor legal, practice and market developments relevant to lawyers both in private practice and in-house environments.
• Plan, research, write, draft, edit and maintain premium quality know-how resources including practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes for our broad client base including large and small law, human resources, in house counsel and employee organisations.
• Support internal peer review processes to ensure our content is of the highest quality for our subscribers by being legally correct, kept continuously updated and maintained to reflect all relevant legal developments and current market practice.
• Provide legal expertise in responding to queries from external customers about employment law and practice related to employment law.
• Meet with external customers, industry and sector experts to build a superior understanding of employment law and related developments to ensure relevant and premium quality content is delivered that anticipates, meets and exceeds customer needs.
• Maintain relationships with the market to ensure the highest standards of content relevancy and currency.
• Assist in the development and publication of commissioned content authored by employment lawyers in private practice and in-house legal teams.
To be successful in this role you will need to meet following requirements:
• Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with a minimum of 8 years PQE experience, working as an employment lawyer, most recently in a top/mid-tier private practice or in-house role.
• An established reputation as an expert in your field. Bonus points for having built a professional presence on LinkedIn and if you enjoy networking with your peers.
• Confidence to work closely with our employment law private practice and in-house client base to ensure Practical Law content is up to date with changing demands, legal trends and developments.
• A genuine and demonstrable interest in employment and industrial relations law, and helping re-invent the way legal know-how works. Bonus points for having published articles in prior roles.
• Have a keen interest in engaging with new methods of providing content e.g., podcasts, social media, video content etc.
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with your manager (located in Sydney) and the rest of the Practical Law team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. A keen ability to articulate and present your ideas, strategies and decisions.
• A proactive, “get it done” mindset, always looking for solutions and not shy about pursuing them.
• Positive attitude, team-orientated, flexible, and analytical. Attention to detail is a must.