|Salary:||$149k - $157k Package (including 17% Super) – 2 Year Fixed Term|
|Apps close:||Wednesday 22nd September 2021|
– See the difference you can make, through the work you do
– Enterprise Bargaining Focus
– $149k - $157k Package (including 17% Super) – 2 Year Fixed Term
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. And it’s why we come to campus each day.
If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why your role matters
Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations, you will be responsible to provide timely and accurate advice to the UNSW management and the HR team on a range of complex employee relations and industrial relations issues and contribute to the development of human resources and employee relations practices, policies and procedures at UNSW. You will also provide guidance and advice to colleagues in the ER team.
In addition to this, you will play a major role in assisting UNSW to manage and engage on the Enterprise Bargaining process.
Other key responsibilities Include:
• Build and foster effective working relationships by partnering with Human Resources staff and UNSW management more broadly across all UNSW Faculties and Divisions.
• Provide significant contribution to the process and strategy for enterprise bargaining as required.
• Actively engage with key stakeholders (internal and external) on the process of enterprise bargaining facilitated discussions, including but not limited to Heads of School and HR Business Partnering teams.
• Identify and undertake project and research work on employment related matters, particularly as it relates to enterprise bargaining.
• Provide accurate and timely advice on employee relations and industrial relations related matters to UNSW management and Human Resources staff,
• Provide specialist advice to senior UNSW management on more complex industrial and employment related matters as required.
• Contribute to the preparation and implementation of HR and employee relations policies and procedures by drawing on experience and industry trends.
Who you are
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field of study (including industrial relations, human resources or law).
• Significant experience providing employee relations related advice to line management, and dealing with employee unions, in a large, complex organisation.
• Strong knowledge of relevant workplace legislation and current employment case law.
• Demonstrated ability to think and operate strategically in a HR context, with high level problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to build effective working relationships and partner with internal clients in providing effective employee relations solutions in a collaborative manner.
• Sound judgement, ability to exercise initiative, tact, and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Advanced negotiation and influencing skills and experience with enterprise bargaining.
Please click Apply to submit your application online via the Jobs at UNSW website. The job number is: 503065
Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Please provide a cover letter addressing your suitability to the role.
A copy of the Position Description can be found through the link above.
Applications close: Wednesday, 22nd September, 2021 at 11:30pm
Get in touch
Talent Acquisition Lead
Ph: 9065 7278
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.