|Salary:||Negotiable dependent on experience.|
|Company:||National Road Transport Association|
|Telephone:||(02) 6295 3000|
|Apps close:||Friday 17th September 2021|
NatRoad is looking for an adviser to contribute to the delivery of day-to-day professional service, information, support and advice to members in relation to national, state, and territory road/trucking law, regulations, policies, and orders. In addition, the role collects and collates feedback from members regarding regulatory matters, drafts and reviews member communications, drafts relevant policies for internal settlement by NatRoad Working Groups and the Board, and provides management support and secretariat services for NatRoad working groups. Drafts submissions in relation to Government and other inquiries and follows the NatRoad processes in obtaining internal approval for those submissions.
The role will also assist in delivering professional advisory services and support to members in relation to workplace relations, human resources, and industrial matters as required.
Candidates should ideally possess the following:
• Tertiary level qualifications in a discipline such as Law, Industrial Relations, Employment or a comparable discipline from an accredited institution. Admission to practice as a barrister or solicitor in an Australian state or territory will be highly regarded
• Relevant experience in providing advice on regulatory instruments, particularly the Heavy Vehicle National Law
• Relevant experience in the provision of employment and workplace relations advice
• Broad understanding, interest, and knowledge of the Australian road transport industry or the ability to quickly acquire the same
• Demonstrated experience in policy analysis, development, and drafting of regulatory submissions
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and team building communication skills with proven ability to build rapport with members and colleagues
• Strong project management, planning, and organisational skills
• High levels of initiative, enthusiasm, passion, energy, flexibility and personal accountability with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to remain calm, considered, courteous and organised
• Computer literacy reflected by current experience in using software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
About the National Road Transport Association:
With a proud history dating back to 1948, NatRoad operates to represent its' members and as advocates for the $40 billion road freight industry that includes more than 35,000 large and small trucking companies employing more than 140,000 people in transporting goods throughout Australia.
NatRoad is a not-for-profit Association that is 100% funded via its membership fees and business partnerships. No funding is provided by government or unions.
With members in every state and territory in Australia NatRoad is the only member-based road transport association to fully represent the industry. A member of the Australian Trucking Association (peak industry body) we work closely with the other member associations on industry matters.
Our board is made up of individuals who run transport business, and have members from owner-drivers to road freight and large fleet operators, representing all aspects of the industry. General freight, road trains, livestock, tippers, express, car carriers, as well as tankers and refrigerated operators.
General conditions of employment
This is a full time position at 38 hours per week however, flexible working arrangements are available for the suitable candidate.
Pre–employment checks may include a requirement for proof of identity, evidence and currency of qualification, drivers licence and other relevant personal documentation.
Referee checks on at least two independent referees are mandatory and will be conducted prior to an offer of employment being made.
Applications must include a covering letter and current CV.
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday 17 September 2021.