|Salary:||Negotiable based on experience|
|Telephone:||0423 442 214|
|Apps close:||Thursday 5th August 2021|
Professionals Australia is a contemporary and innovative union, representing the industrial and professional interests of a range of professional employees across Australia. Our members include engineers, scientists, pharmacists, managers, IT professionals, translators and interpreters, and architects.
We are committed to growing our membership and building strength by working with our members in their workplaces, across industries and within their professions.
We strive to make a positive difference to our members’ working and professional lives and we are working hard to gain greater respect, recognition and rewards for our members and the important professional services they deliver.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled organiser to join our team in Victoria.
In this role, you will work with members and workplace leaders to plan and implement a range of organising and industrial campaigns that build the strength of members and deliver exceptional employment and professional outcomes for them.
You will need an understanding of the issues facing highly skilled and qualified workers and be able to apply organising methods and tools with purpose and sensitivity to these issues.
You will work with members and workplace leaders across the diverse industries we represent including manufacturing, transport, utilities, pharmacy, IT, local government and the state and federal public sectors.
You will be responsible for:
* Planning and delivering organising activities in existing and new workplaces
* Increasing PA membership
* Building workplace representative and organising structures
* Motivating, coaching and developing the skills of members and workplace leaders to campaign, negotiate and act collectively on workplace issues
* Engaging in enterprise bargaining negotiations
* Providing advocacy, negotiation and representation in the workplace on pay and conditions, conflict resolution and other matters as appropriate
* Communicating with members and providing them with advice and information on industrial relations issues
* Preparing regular reports for the Director and CEO
* Working collaboratively with other organisers and staff across Professionals Australia on organising and industrial campaigns.
Experience and qualifications:
We are looking for candidates who have:
* Experience in working for a union or other campaigning organisations.
* Commitment to union values.
* Sound verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to successfully represent members in workplaces and in other forums.
* Strong analytical and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with current and potential members and workplace leaders.
* Effective planning and organisational skills to balance competing demands.
* Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
* High degree of computer literacy skills (Word, Excel, CRM, web updates, SMS broadcasts etc.)
* Knowledge of the Australian industrial relations system and ability to provide relevant information and advice to members on collective industrial issues.
* The successful applicant must have or be eligible to obtain a right of entry permit.
* Current driver’s license.
Salary and conditions:
* Flexible working arrangements and attractive leave entitlements including 12 rostered days off per year and 4 days paid shutdown leave.
* Access to a work vehicle.
* Whilst the position is based at PA office in West Melbourne, Victoria, staff currently have access to working from home options.
* As the focus of this role is on the organisation of workplaces, you will be required to visit workplaces across Victoria, in line with public health advice and COVIDSafe work practices.
People from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications should address the criteria above.
Please contact Scott Crawford, Director, Victorian Branch on 0423 442 214 to discuss the role in detail.