|Company:||Flight Attendants' Association of Australia|
|Apps close:||Friday 6th August 2021|
The FAAA (Flight Attendants’ Association of Australia) is a specialist, federally-registered union representing domestic and international aircraft cabin crew throughout Australia. Our team seeks to promote, protect and defend our members industrially and provide real time support and advice.. We operate as a diverse, inclusive organisation in our recently renovated offices close to public transport and Sydney’s domestic airport in Mascot, NSW.
We are seeking to employ a Legal and Industrial Officer based in our office in Mascot.
The primary duties of the position will include:
• Enterprise bargaining with employers;
• Prepare and advocate the Association's position in matters before the Fair Work Commission and other tribunals;
• Prepare communication for members including newsletters, bulletins and magazine articles;
• Interpret legislation and industrial agreements and give advice to FAAA representatives and members;
• Coordinate and attend consultative meetings and other industrial meetings with employers;
• Represent and support individual members in investigations, disputes or grievances with their employer.
The Position requirements for this role are:
• Admitted to practice law in NSW and entitled to supervise the practice of other lawyers;
• Knowledge, experience and competence in the application of the federal legislative environment;
• Strong commitment to union values and trade unions generally (with union experience highly desirable);
• Ability to prioritise, manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment and to respond quickly to changing priorities;
• Ability to contribute to organisation decision-making and propose relevant strategies;
• Experience in bargaining under the Fair Work Act and negotiating Enterprise Agreements (desirable);
• Experience in conducting collective and individual matters in the Fair Work Commission and industrial matters in Federal and state courts (desirable);
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Well-developed research, analytical, and problem solving skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications;
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. Short listing will commence immediately.