|Company:||Rigby Cooke Lawyers|
|Apps close:||Sunday 15th August 2021|
Rigby Cooke Lawyers is a full service law firm providing commercial expertise and industry knowledge to private and public sector and not-for-profit clients across Australia.
With origins that can be traced back to the 1840s, we have earned our reputation of achieving success for – and with – our clients, by remaining adaptive to change. We do this by understanding each of our clients’ businesses and industry, and by staying at the forefront of changes in technology and legislation.
This is because, above all else, we remain true to our mission, Our people: Your success.
Our lawyers are technically excellent in their areas of expertise; but more importantly for our clients, they are genuinely concerned with the application of the law in the ‘real world’ to get results. We are outcome-focused and commercially-minded – helping our clients achieve their goals in the most effective and efficient manner is our key objective.
Our clients range from some of the largest and best known Australian and overseas companies to mid-market, privately owned or publicly listed companies, not-for-profit government entities and private clients with a mix of commercial and family assets and investments.
We can work with our clients by providing full-service ongoing support for all their commercial and private needs or by offering specialty expertise when required
About The Role
Reporting to the Partners in the Workplace Relations Team (including 7 lawyers and 2 legal assistants), the lawyer role will be accountable for providing legal advice in relation to a variety of workplace relations, industrial relations and OHS matters, primarily to employer clients.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Drafting and advising on employment contracts and enterprise agreements
• Advising on compliance with the Fair Work Act, NES, awards and enterprise agreements and OHS laws
• Assisting with Fair Work Commission / Court proceedings including unfair dismissal, general protections, workplace bullying /harassment/discrimination and breach of contract claims and industrial disputes
• Conducting and advising on workplace investigations
• Presenting on topical workplace relations issues at client briefings / internal CLEs
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Demonstrated experience practising law in the industrial/workplace relations arena
• Must be currently at either a second to third year workplace relations lawyer or have a law degree and HR / IR or FWC experience
• Experience in private practice and/or in an in-house commercial environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment frameworks and associated legislation
• Strong drafting and communication skills
• Must be a team player and passionate about this area of law
We value respect, accountability and being a team player. We offer the following benefits:
• A supportive team environment
• Opportunities for growth and career development
• Study leave
• Access to professional development programs
• Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Salary continuance insurance for all staff
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the job posting via the link provided above. For any queries please contact our HR Manager, Tiffany Smith by email only.