|Telephone:||0434 075 500|
|Apps close:||Friday 23rd July 2021|
Professionals Australia (PA) is a contemporary and innovative union, representing the industrial and professional interests of professional employees across Australia. Our members include engineers, scientists, pharmacists, managers, IT professionals, translators and interpreters, and architects.
We strive to make a positive difference to members’ working and professional lives and we are working hard to gain greater respect, recognition and reward for our members and the vital professional services they deliver.
We are looking for an Industrial Officer to play a critical role in the NSW PA team in building our membership and improving and defending the working conditions of members across workplaces, industries and professions in innovative ways. Reporting directly to the Principal Industrial Officer, this role will work closely with our delegates, committees and other industrial and organising staff to achieve great outcomes for our members.
We are looking for someone with the following essential attributes:
• Experience in providing workplace advice and support to members and/or clients.
• Experience in the negotiation of workplace pay and conditions and resolving workplace issues and disputes, including advocacy experience.
• Knowledge and experience in applying industrial (federal and NSW), anti-discrimination and WHS legislation to industrial issues.
• A demonstrated commitment and ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Extensive knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues, particularly issues facing professionals at work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications.
• Demonstrated commitment to union values.
• A ROE permit or ability to obtain one.
• A current driver’s licence.
Conditions of Employment
Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
Flexible working arrangements and attractive leave entitlements.
The location of the position is in our Sydney-based NSW office however, staff have access to working from home options where it is safe, effective and efficient for them to do so.
How to apply for this job
People from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should apply by providing a CV and a cover letter that specifically addresses the key selection criteria to Director, Gordon Brock via email to email@example.com
For more information, please contact Alycia Vasilangos, Principal Industrial Officer on 0434 075 500.