|Location:||Remote or in our Sydney office|
|Apps close:||Friday 9th July 2021|
Are you a down-to-earth, pragmatic and talented employment lawyer who is keen to build meaningful, value-driven relationships with your clients?
If so, we would like to talk to you!
This is an opportunity to join an established and fast growing firm, that is actively disrupting the traditional legal model.
Source is an award-winning professional services firm that provides in-house style legal services to businesses, essentially operating as an outsourced legal department for our clients. Source was one of the first New Law firms. We've broken the mould on what providing legal services can look like.?
At Source we are entirely value driven. We never bill by the hour and don't require our lawyers to keep track of their hours. Our focus is on client experience and giving our clients outstanding legal support.
Due to the continuous growth of our client base, we have an opening for an employment lawyer. We are looking for a high performer who is commercially savvy, highly responsive and able to provide clear and decisive legal advice.
Here are some more details:
3-10 years PAE (but flexible for the right person). Ideally, you would have at least some in-house experience.
You will be able to do most of the following:
- Advise clients on day-to-day employment law matters like employee entitlements, performance management, terminations, etc.
- Advise on award coverage and classifications
- Draft employment contracts, workplace policies, etc
- Manage unfair dismissal, general protections and discrimination claims
- Draft and negotiate enterprise agreements
- Advise on breaches of post-employment restrictions and confidentiality
- Conduct employment-related litigation
The right person will have outstanding client management skills.
We need someone who is deeply commercial and who is comfortable giving pragmatic advice and making decisions – no sitting on the fence. You will be a self-starter who can work quickly, be adaptable, communicate clearly and be passionate about client experience.
Skills and interest in business development are highly advantageous.
Hours and location
This can be full-time or part-time role (3-4 days per week). You can work from home, in the office, or both. We have an office in the Sydney CBD but our team is spread around Australia.
What's in it for you
- Be part of a team of high performers who are passionate about client experience
- Be at the forefront of developing new ways of providing legal services
- Interesting and varied work across many different industries
- No time recording or billing
- Choose how, where and when you work
- Generous incentive scheme for business development
Get to know us at www.sourcelegal.com.au
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Sean Melbourne at email@example.com.