|Apps close:||Wednesday 26th May 2021|
About the Role
Reporting into Ai Group’s Workplace Relations Legal & Consulting Regional Manager and based Melbourne, the Workplace Relations Adviser role works as part of Ai Group’s national Workplace Relations Consulting team. As a member of this team, you will work on legal matters through Ai Group Workplace Lawyers supervised by experienced Legal Practitioner Directors of the practice. You will be working at the absolute cutting edge of workplace and industrial relations and employment issues, combining strategic, practical and technically astute capability in the work that you do.
Whilst the reality of each day will be different, some of the things you will expect to see in this role include:
• providing workplace and industrial relations advice, assistance and advocacy across both our consulting and legal practices;
• a high degree of direct member/client interaction, including advising across a broad range of industries from small and medium enterprises to some of Australia’s largest businesses; and
• great diversity in matters including termination of employment, general protections, anti-discrimination, employment litigation, legislative compliance, industrial disputation, enterprise bargaining, workplace health and safety and employment contracts.
Is this role for me?
If your approach is practical and pragmatic to resolving complicated and sensitive workplace issues, and you thrive in an environment where you are at ‘the coal face’ with clients and employers along with:
• +8 years’ relevant workplace relations or industrial relations experience gained from a well-regarded law firm, union, or employer organisation;
• either a current Victorian Practising Certificate or the ability to apply for one immediately;
• exceptional analytical and writing skills;
• strong understanding of the legal and industrial framework, including the award and enterprise bargaining system;
• a keen eye for detail and meticulous drafting; and
• a thirst for honing your skills,
Other skills/knowledge that would help you in this role:
• proven experience in interpreting and applying legislation and industrial instruments; and
• a firm understanding of court and/or Fair Work Commission processes.
We offer a collaborative work environment with a passionate team of people committed to achieving the best outcomes for our members and clients, and a competitive remuneration package, plus real flexibility to help you balance your professional responsibilities with your personal life.
This is your chance to join one of the most influential and effective employer associations in Australia and play your part in shaping the future of workplace relations.
How to Apply
If you would like to have access to some of the best and brightest minds in workplace relations and incredible depth of expertise across a range of specialist areas including employment law, work health and safety, and industrial relations policy and believe you have the passion and skills to succeed in this role, please submit your application including a cover letter and your resume by emailing Stuart.LeGrand@aigroup.com.au.
The Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) is one of the most influential employer organisations in Australia, representing over 60,000 businesses in a range of industry sectors, providing practical advice and services and helping businesses to prosper.
In addition to the market leading workplace relations consulting services provided by Ai Group, Ai Group Workplace Lawyers (AiGWL) is a legal practice wholly owned by Ai Group which provides bespoke workplace relations legal advice to businesses. Our members and clients include some of the most prominent national and multi-national businesses operating in Australia and span industries including construction, defence, technology, fast food, retail, manufacturing, airlines and transport.
For more information about Ai Group and Ai Group Workplace Lawyers, go to www.aigroup.com.au and www.aigroupworkplacelawyers.com.au