|Salary:||$99,510 per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation)|
|Company:||University of South Australia|
|Telephone:||08 8302 1700|
|Apps close:||Sunday 25th April 2021|
• Based in People, Talent and Culture at 101 Currie Street, Adelaide
• Full-time, continuing position
Reporting to the Manager: Employee Relations this role plays a significant part in ensuring that the University fulfils the legislative, regulatory and industrial obligations associated with the management of people and culture. The Senior Employee Relations Consultant is responsible for managing complex cases and leading projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing employee relations in human resource practice across the organisation.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
• Provide a professional consultancy service on employee relations issues
• Undertake workplace investigations
• Manage complex and sensitive industrial matters effectively and in a timely manner in accordance with relevant industrial instruments
• Support the development, negotiation and implementation of workplace bargaining strategies
• Negotiate with employees/unions on the resolution of employment grievances
• Provide high level advice on interpretation/application of employment legislation, workplace agreements, awards, case law, policy and procedure
• Influence and support managers across the University in the implementation of change and act as a key contributor to major change initiatives and cross functional projects
Essential Skills and Experience
• A strong track record as a trusted advisor and senior employee/industrial relations practitioner with tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations Law or a related area
• Broad ER expertise, including highly developed investigations and complex case management experience and advocacy of matters before Fair Work Commission and other tribunals with successful outcomes
• Highly developed communication, coaching, negotiation and conflict resolution skills to manage and influence client relationships and strategic outcomes required at a senior level in a large and complex organisation
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
• Access to great personal development opportunities
• Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
• Flexible working conditions
• Employee assistance and development programs
• A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
• Staff study support
• A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit http://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sarah Doyle, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2912.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 25 April 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.