|Salary:||$80,477 per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation)|
|Company:||University of South Australia|
|Telephone:||08 8302 1700|
|Apps close:||Sunday 25th April 2021|
• Based in People, Talent and Culture at 101 Currie Street, Adelaide
• Full-time, continuing position
About the Role
As the Employee Relations Consultant you will assist our well-established and highly valued Employee Relations team in providing contemporary advice in response to the challenges impacting our significant academic and professional workforce.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, you will support and play a key role in delivering ER projects and initiatives aligned to progressing our Enterprise25 strategy . This opportunity would suit established or developing ER specialists seeking to enrich their experience in an environment offering diversity working across a range of contemporary and complex ER/IR matters, rarely found in a role of this nature.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
• Independently provide sound advice on the application of employment legislation, industrial instruments, case law research and University policies, procedures, guidelines
• Research, review and support the implementation of a range of University policy and procedure
• Support implementation of people projects
• Undertake workplace investigations
• Undertake preliminary enquiries and consider options for successful resolution of disputes and grievances
• Collaborate with business partners and managers on effective early intervention strategies, performance management and general employee relations matters
• Provide coordination and support to senior ER team members relating to more complex case management issue resolution
• Contribute to the implementation of key industrial agreements and university strategic directions aligned to our Enterprise25 strategy
Essential Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated experience providing advisory services to clients, specifically relating to ER matters including underperformance, grievances and organisational change
• High level problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to understand and apply industrial instruments
• Experience analysing HR data and applying policy and procedure
• Well developed report writing, project management and business partnering skills
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Law will be highly regarded
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
• Access to great personal development opportunities
• Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
• Flexible working conditions
• Employee assistance and development programs
• A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
• Staff study support
• A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit http://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sarah Doyle, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2911.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 25 April 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.