|Company:||CFMEU Construction & General Division Vic/Tas Branch|
|Apps close:||Friday 5th March 2021|
Legal Assistant/ Paralegal
CFMEU Construction & General Division Victorian/Tasmanian Branch is currently seeking to employ a Legal Assistant/Paralegal on a full time basis. The successful candidate will work with a hard-hitting team of dedicated lawyers/industrial officers committed to the values and principles of unionism, and advancing the cause of the CFMEU and its members.
Qualifications and experience:
• Desirable tertiary qualification (e.g. Cert IV Legal Services or equivalent; Bachelor degree)
• Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe and related programs.
Responsible for providing quality assistance to the CFMEU’s in-house team of lawyers/industrial officers including:
• Reception duties – intake of enquiries to legal department both in person and by phone/email and assisting with case triage;
• Assisting lawyers/industrial officers with all aspects of case preparation, management and appearances in industrial tribunals and courts;
• Preparation of legal documents including Fair Work Commission and court forms for review and settling by lawyers/industrial officers;
• Compiling complex court and appeal books, photocopying and managing large documents and volumes of documents with excellent attention to detail;
• Complex document management and filing/e-filing. Photocopying and managing large documents and volumes of documents with excellent attention to detail;
• Liaising with Fair Work Commission, court and regulatory authority administrative officers;
• Interacting and liaising with other unions.
Applications/CV to be sent via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Close of Applications: COB Friday 5 March 2021
Applicants who progress to interview stage will be notified within 14 days of close of Applications.