|Telephone:||0409 404 217|
|Apps close:||Monday 1st March 2021|
*Provide effective case management of employee grievances / claims, workplace investigations, conduct and performance issues.
* Permanent full-time role – excellent salary package, benefits and incentive program on offer.
* We’re for Real Wellbeing.
Join us and let’s make a bigger difference together.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australian Unity – we have grown significantly over recent years and are transforming to capitalise on further growth opportunities to help our customers and employees thrive. We operate with commercial principles and with a strong social purpose to create community value. Australian Unity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company. Today we have over $1 billion in revenue and provide smart solutions and services to more than 700,000 Australians. We employ over 7000 people and our purpose is to help people thrive.
A Workplace Relations Consultant permanent opportunity has become available as part of our broader People & Culture function. Our Workplace Relations team provides trusted advice and enables changes which support our workforce to thrive. Our Workplace Relations team guides and actively supports our Managers to respond to a range of important and sensitive employee issues.
In this role you will provide effective case management of employee grievances / claims, workplace investigations, conduct and performance issues and (in conjunction with our Employee Care and Claims team) provide management of ill and injured employees. You will provide advice to Managers in relation to interpretation of, and compliance with, employment legislation, industrial instruments, employment contracts and policy.
As one of the more senior case managers in the team, you will assume responsibility for the more complex / higher risk cases. You will also regularly represent Australian Unity in the Fair Work Commission in relation to unfair dismissal / general protections applications or similar matters. In addition, you will support more senior members of the Workplace Relations team in relation to enterprise bargaining and union issue management as required, developing your broader workplace relations skills and allowing your workplace relations career in Australian Unity thrive.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Similar experience in a Workplace / Employee Relations, preferably in a health care setting.
* Relevant tertiary qualification in Human resources, Industrial Relations and/or Law.
* Experience in complex case management and interpretation of industrial instruments.
* Previous experience responding to formal applications in the Fair Work Commission or other employment tribunals.
* Ability to manage conflicting priorities and manage expectations within tight timeframes.
* Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build rapport, interact effectively at all levels and provide support and advice.
* Experience developing and maintaining union relationships and in enterprise bargaining experience is preferable however not a deal-breaker.
What makes us, us
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
* Good people - We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
* Wellbeing experts - Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
*Long-term commitment -
*As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
*Driving positive impact - Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
All these things are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest.
Join us and thrive.