|Salary:||Salary up to $75k|
|Telephone:||0434 075 500 (Alycia)|
|Apps close:||Monday 1st March 2021|
Professionals Australia is a union representing managerial and professional employees, including engineers, scientists and pharmacists. We strive to achieve change for our members in their workplace, their industry and to advance their profession.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our NSW team. You will be an integral part of a small, dedicated team of energetic and driven professionals at our offices in the heart of the Sydney CBD. The successful applicant will work under the supervision of the Principal Industrial Officer and help to provide legal and industrial services to members as well as supporting the Association’s broader industry and workplace campaigning initiatives.
About the job
Key responsibilities & functions
• Provision of workplace advice & support for members including advocacy before industrial tribunals, including the NSW IRC and Fair Work Commission
• Assist in determining and implementing industrial strategy and providing support for workplace and industry campaigns.
• Assist with key enterprise bargaining and other industrial campaigns.
• Help to develop submissions on legal/industrial issues.
• Maintain relationships with relevant employer bodies and other unions.
To be successful in the role, you must possess the following essential attributes:
• Tertiary qualifications in law, industrial relations or similar and a good knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues
• Evidence of a commitment to union values
• A demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as in a small team with often competing demands
• Well-developed written and verbal communication, interpersonal and time management skills
Conditions of Employment
An attractive salary package and flexible work conditions will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on skills and experience.
The union is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply for this job
Applicants should apply by providing a CV and a cover letter that specifically addresses the key selection criteria to Director, Gordon Brock via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this position please call Principal Industrial Officer, Alycia Vasilangos on 0434 075 500