|Company:||Master Builders Association of Victoria|
|Telephone:||03 9411 4555|
|Apps close:||Friday 29th January 2021|
• Join our nationally recognized and reputable brand
• Strong people engagement and values-based culture
• Flexible work environment
About the Role
We are currently seeking a passionate workplace relations advisor to join a tight-knit workplace relations team on a full-time basis.
This is a hands-on role that is predominately responsible for providing practical and accurate workplace relations advice by phone and email to Master Builders Victoria members on various workplace relations matters including but not limited to:
• Providing advice on wages and entitlements, right of entry, freedom of association and other statutory workplace obligations and rights,
• Providing timely and practical advice about terminations, performance management, redundancies etc.,
• Interpreting Awards, Enterprise Agreements and Contracts of Employment,
• Assisting members with the Building Code 2016,
• Engaging with the unions on various matters,
• Assisting members during industrial disputes (including appearing before the Fair Work Commission), and
• Assisting members in the enterprise agreement making process.
As a workplace relations advisor, you will have:
• Previous HR, ER or Employment law experience ideally in an advisory role,
• Solid understanding of industrial relations legislation (including interpretation of various awards and enterprise agreements),
• Experience managing employee matters such as disciplinary processes, redundancies and performance management,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
• Ability to be self-directed and proactive.
To be successful in this role, you will either have completed relevant tertiary qualifications in Industrial Relations, Law or other relevant disciples and/or demonstrated relevant experience.
Master Builders Victoria is part of a national group of associations committed to providing outstanding service to our members. We are the leading voice in a building and construction industry which is the largest full time employer in our state and recognised as an essential pillar of Victoria’s economic recovery. Master Builders Victoria represents around 6,500 members, including large and small builders across the domestic and commercial sectors, as well as apprentices, suppliers and manufacturers.
We provide a flexible and supportive working environment that enables our team to balance their personal and work life, an inclusive, values-based culture and opportunities for our team members to learn, develop and grow their careers.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, we would love to hear from you. We offer a competitive salary and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program.
Applications close Friday 29th January.
Please note: Only those candidates short listed for interview will be contacted.
The successful applicant will need to provide proof of their right to work in Australia.
Permission to conduct a police check will be sought