|Company:||Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited|
|Apps close:||Friday 27th November 2020|
Catholic Education in the Diocese of Sale is a vital expression of the mission of the Church. The Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited (DOSCEL) is a company limited by guarantee to manage and operate Catholic schools in the Diocese of Sale.
The Director of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Sale is seeking to appoint an Employment Relations Adviser. The appointee will be responsible to the Director of Catholic Education through the Executive Manager: Industrial Relations / Human Resources.
This position shares the aim of all DOSCEL staff to deliver the highest quality educational opportunities and outcomes for every student in every school in the Diocese. The purpose of this role is to contribute to the development and continual improvement of employment relations and human resources policies, procedures and functions relevant to DOSCEL.
DOSCEL directs and serves 37 primary schools and seven secondary schools in the Diocese of Sale. The Diocese spans metropolitan, regional and rural areas between Narre Warren and Cranbourne in the west of the Diocese, to Wonthaggi in the south and Orbost in the east.
This position is based at Sion House, 6 Witton Street, Warragul, approximately a 90-minute drive from the Melbourne CBD. Sion House has a staff of approximately 90 who provide a wide range of leadership and support services to schools.
Key Selection Criteria:
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate:
• A commitment to the ethos, values and mission of Catholic education.
• A commitment to Child Safety.
• Strong interpersonal skills including:
ability to work as part of a team to achieve both individual and team objectives
communication, process management and problem-solving skills
demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience in employment relations policy implementation with strong attention to detail.
• Specific knowledge of industrial relations and other related legislation.
• Ability to manage complex tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to resolve workplace issues whilst maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including principals, business managers and school staff.
• Ability to operate effectively and balance a range of priorities and expectations for competing deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A degree or diploma in a relevant field, and/or relevant experience.
• Experience in the education sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
• A Certificate IV in Government Investigations (or equivalent) would be an advantage but is not essential.
• A Victorian driver licence is required as a component of travel is required in this role.
Salary and Benefits:
• The salary will be $108,160.
• Four weeks’ Annual Leave is provided, with Purchased Leave Options for additional leave.
• Flexible Workplace, Working from Home and Salary Packaging arrangements are available to staff of DOSCEL.
• Full-time and ongoing.
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Commencement Date: January 2021 or negotiable.
• A Position Description, Instructions for Applicants, Application Form, Confidential Referee Assessment Form and other relevant information may be downloaded from the DOSCEL website www.ceosale.catholic.edu.au
• Three confidential referee assessments are required.
• Please return the completed Application Form, together with your Letter of Application, response to key selection criteria and a copy of your Resume by 4.00 pm Friday 27 November 2020.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.
Enquiries may be directed to Industrial Relations / Human Resources via email email@example.com
Applications should be marked to the attention of Industrial Relations / Human Resources and addressed to:
Ms Maria Kirkwood
Director of Catholic Education – Diocese of Sale
PO Box 322
WARRAGUL VIC 3820
Closing Date: 4.00 pm Friday 27 November 2020
Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.