|Telephone:||07 3838 3477|
|Apps close:||Friday 30th October 2020|
Role Location - Adelaide Head Office
Santos is an Australian energy pioneer. We have safely and sustainably discovered, developed and delivered natural gas to the people of Australia and Asia for more than 65 years.
With origins in the Cooper Basin, Santos has one of the largest exploration and production acreages in Australia and extensive infrastructure. Our strategy is centred on five core, long-life natural gas and LNG assets. These assets support our aim to be a leading Australian domestic gas supplier and a major LNG exporter supplying clean energy to Asia. As an Australian owned and operated business, we work in partnership with local communities, governments and our business partners to make natural gas an affordable and reliable energy solution for all Australians.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Industrial Relations in the People team based in Adelaide, this role is an exciting opportunity for an ER/IR specialist to contribute to the Santos employee relations function during a time of significant organizational growth. The successful candidate will use their ER/IR specialist expertise to guide relevant stakeholders across the organisation and jurisdictions through management of their employee and industrial relations matters from strategy to execution. This will be done in line with company values and in accordance with the Santos People Strategy.
Specifically the role will:-
• Support the implementation and execution of the Santos People Strategy with respect to employee and industrial relations
• Prepare, support and execute where required, enterprise bargaining strategies
• Prepare and facilitate training in the areas of employee and industrial relations to relevant business stakeholders
• Work with internal stakeholders to identify, mitigate and manage employee relations risks and requirements across the supply chain including major capital projects
• Manage employee relations related claims in relevant tribunals
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including legal counsel as required
• Ensure Santos remains up to date and abreast of changes in legislation and other forms of regulation in employee relations and relevant matters
• Advise on employee relations requirements relevant to policy compliance, fitness for work, performance management and disciplinary matters consistent with relevant regulation
• Develop, monitor and amend as required relevant internal procedures in area of expertise, including People owned Santos Management Standards
We are looking for a confident, driven and solutions-focused ER/IR practitioner who has demonstrated experience in successfully managing workplace employee and industrial relations issues with relevant stakeholders in multiple jurisdictions. You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be able to communicate complex information or concepts, to provide timely and practical advice. Your ability to combine your in-depth knowledge of contemporary HR practices and employee/industrial relations principles within a large, complex, matrix organisation with both field and office personnel will be paramount in this role.
You will need:-
• Tertiary qualifications in an area relevant to employee and industrial relations such as Law, Business or HR Management
• Previous experience in a role (s) with an IR/ER focus
• Knowledge of applicable legislation and the workplace relations regulatory environment
• Experience in interpretation and application of industrial instruments and legislation, managing employee grievance processes and ideally proceedings in external courts/tribunals across multiple jurisdictions
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, leadership, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
In this role you will need to thrive in a fast paced, busy and complex environment and take pride in delivering high quality IR/ER services by partnering with internal clients as a trusted Adviser to help support their operations.
How to apply
Please apply online by COB Friday 30th October 2020