|Salary:||$90,000 to $97,913|
|Company:||Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation (SA Branch)|
|Telephone:||08 8334 1944|
|Facsimile:||08 8334 1901|
|Apps close:||Wednesday 7th October 2020|
Duty Officer / Industrial Officer (6-month contract, full time)
Full time, ongoing role
• Growing, professional organisation and union
• Excellent working conditions
• Rewarding and challenging role
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) (SA Branch) is the principal professional and industrial organisation representing more than 21,000 nurses, midwives and personal care workers across South Australia. ANMF (SA Branch) has been both a progressive industry body and the leading voice for the nursing and midwifery workforce for more than a century, working together to negotiate positive outcomes at a local, state and federal level. Impressive facilities at Ridleyton also host the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre (ANMEC), a Registered Training Organisation offering training in aged care, nursing and a variety of other health related areas.
About the Role
We are seeking applications from exceptional candidates for the full-time, 6-month contract role of Duty Officer / Industrial Officer. The Duty Officer / Industrial Officer will provide a high standard of service for member’s enquiries and support, represent and advocate on behalf of members and groups of members in relation to their industrial and/or professional issues in relevant tribunals and authorities. The successful applicants will also carry an active bargaining role in addition to member representation.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of trade unionism and have a strong client service focus
• Qualifications and relevant experience as either a legal practitioner with experience as a Solicitor and / or a formal industrial relations practitioner / advocate
• Ability to provide appropriate advice to the staff / members of ANMFSA in collaboration, where necessary, with the Branch’s advisers
• Demonstrated skills in advocacy, negotiation, problem solving, undertaking case work or projects relevant to this role
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• An ability to work both independently and as part of teams.
Our Culture and Benefits
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch) places a strong emphasis on valuing people and fostering wellbeing. A collaborative and fun culture means that staff events are common. You will enjoy shared values of unity, respect, justice, diversity, passion and compassion, integrity, organisational growth and excellence and contribute to a positive and dynamic workforce.
The Duty Officer / Industrial Officer is classified in the Registered Nurse (RN) 2 – 3 range.
An attractive salary package is available for the right candidate and will be based on experience and skills.
Further information and a job description can be obtained from the ANMF (SA Branch) website www.anmfsa.org.au
Applications for the role are due by cob Wednesday 7 October 2020. Applications, including a Cover Letter, Resume, and the names of two work referees should be addressed to:
Annette Cinnamond, Human Resources Manager, ANMF (SA Branch) and can be lodged via: