|Apps close:||Saturday 26th September 2020|
About the Role
Reporting into the SA Legal Practitioner Director and based in our growing team of workplace relation practitioners in Adelaide, the Workplace Relations Advisor role works with more than 40 workplace relations specialists across a national team on the absolute cutting edge of workplace relations and employment issues, combining strategic, practical and technically astute capability in the work that they do.
Whilst the reality of each day will be different, some of the things you will expect to see in this role include:
• Providing workplace relations advice, assistance and advocacy across both our consulting and legal practices
• A high degree of direct member/client interaction, including advising across a broad range of industries, from small and medium enterprises, to some of Australia’s largest businesses
• Great diversity in work including legislative compliance, performance management, enterprise bargaining, termination of employment, general protections, equal employment opportunity, industrial disputation, workplace health and safety, human resources policies and employment contracts
Is this role for me?
If your approach to resolving workplace issues is practical and pragmatic, and you thrive in an environment where you are at ‘the coal face’ with clients and employers, along with:
• 3-5 years relevant workplace relations experience
• Exceptional analytical and writing skills
• Strong understanding of key workplace relations case law and issues that concern businesses of all sizes
• Proven experience in interpreting and applying legislation and industrial instruments
• A keen eye for detail and meticulous drafting
• Being highly motivated
Other skills/knowledge that would help you in this role:
• A current legal Practising Certificate is a strong advantage
• Experience in advocacy (including representation in industrial courts and tribunals) will be highly regarded
• Experience with workers compensation matters
We offer a collaborative work environment with a passionate team of people committed to achieving the best outcomes for our members and clients, and a competitive remuneration package, plus flexibility to help you balance your professional responsibilities with your personal life.
This is your chance to join one of the most influential and effective employer associations in Australia and play your part in shaping the future of workplace relations.