|Salary:||Competitive Remuneration + Bonus Scheme|
|Telephone:||02 9893 2654|
|Apps close:||Friday 7th August 2020|
Pacific National is Australia's largest rail freight operator and an iconic national brand currently in transformation. Join us in a key workplace relations role operating in a fast- paced environment and managing a variety of workplace relations and industrial matters across the business.
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Workplace Strategy, the Legal Counsel - Workplace Relations is accountable for providing legal advice in relation to a variety of workplace relations and industrial matters across Pacific National’s Australia-wide operations.
This workplace relations specialist with a strong legal bias will provide expert advice and representation on the full range of workplace issues including enterprise bargaining, change management, complicated case management, litigation and dispute resolution.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Resolve industrial disputes, including advocacy in industrial tribunals
• Negotiate and draft enterprise agreements
• Manage workplace relations caseload including Fair Work Commission (FWC) activities and employment related litigation
• Assist the legal team in managing the legal risk profile in relation to workplace relations matters
• Educate, coach and mentor others to ensure the best possible industrial and workplace relations outcomes are achieved across the business
• Deliver timely, sound, high quality and cost effective legal advice that meets the strategic objectives of the businesses (this also includes managing advice provided by external lawyers)
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Demonstrated experience practising law in the industrial/workplace relations arena (either a law firm, in house or industry group)
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment frameworks and associated legislation
• Strong drafting and advocacy skills
• Collaborative and flexible approach achieving success with and through others
• Experience in private practice and/or in an in-house commercial environment
• Prior experience in the logistics, construction or heavy industries is advantageous
Preferential consideration will be given to candidates who hold a Bachelor of Laws and are admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia (unrestricted practising certificate).
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
• Opportunities for growth and career development
• Access to mentoring programs
• Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
• 12-weeks paid parental leave for all employees at full pay after 12 months service
• Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
• Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
• Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the job posting via the link provided above. For any queries please contact our recruitment team on the phone number or email address supplied.