|Apps close:||Tuesday 24th March 2020|
Bupa is a health and care company. We are the largest privately-owned health insurance provider in Australia. We deliver a range of health services through dental, optical and audiology, and provide care to aged care residents across Australia and New Zealand. We also carry out more than 300,000 visa medical checks annually on behalf of the Australian Government and offer a range of health services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel.
We’re looking for an Employment Relations lead to provide leadership of and coaching of 2 Employment Relations Specialists. In addition, you will support escalated complex employment relations activity. This newly created role reports into the Head of Workplace Relations, People Policy and Conduct Risk and can be based in Melbourne or Brisbane. The broader team of 12 is split between Employment Relations, Workplace Relations and Policy & Risk.
Key responsibilities include:
• Implementing a strategic and consistent Employment Relations approach across market unit
• Management of escalated and complex cases and internal complaints
• Support development and implementation of frameworks, policies, systems, processes and practices in relation to escalated case management, dispute prevention and settlement, mediation and investigations
• Participate in oversight of case management systems and analytics
What we’re looking for:
• Consultancy, advisory and/or management experience, inclusive of a demonstrable set of achievements in employment relations in a large and complex organization (7+ years)
• Demonstrable experience in the successful management, leading and coaching of a team of employment relations specialists with a focus on case management
• Demonstrable experience in the successful support, development and implementation of employment relations strategies, frameworks, systems, processes and policies
• Demonstrable capability in dispute prevention and settlement, negotiation, and workplace investigation
• Proven ability to perform and deliver under heavy time constraints
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including more senior leaders, technical and functional specialists, business facing People-team Heads of and Partners, operational and line managers
• Proven ability to convert information and data into knowledge, and to communicate that knowledge in a meaningful and useful way
• Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands with a client-focussed and outcomes-centred approach
You’ll be challenged and encouraged to innovate. You will collaborate strongly with colleagues who are committed to delivering exceptional experiences. We trust, respect and consider everyone, knowing your difference will make the difference.
Be at the heart of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. At Bupa, we employ more than 80,000 people globally who are making this a reality. One thing stands out about Bupa people - our customers are our passion; they’re at the heart of our culture of care. If you've got the belief, the drive and the talent to help us in our ambition then we’d like to hear from you.