|Location:||Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide|
|Telephone:||02 9322 5210|
|Apps close:||Tuesday 3rd March 2020|
Are you passionate about Fair Work Compliance and / or Industrial Relations Strategy?
We have a unique opportunity for Industrial Relations Consultants / Lawyers of all levels to join the Deloitte Workplace Integrity Team!
• Start the new decade with a truly unique and extraordinary career opportunity, leveraging your technical workplace relations or legal expertise in a unique, market-leading Industrial Relations consulting practice.
• You’ll work for highly-regarded, renowned leaders in Industrial Relations with an absolute focus on innovation and data-informed, pragmatic solutions to traditionally complex Industrial Relations puzzles. We cover the full cycle – from Fair Work compliance and workplace relations due diligence right through to enterprise bargaining negotiations and long term Industrial Relations strategy.
• As a passionate Industrial Relations practitioner, you’ll love the adventure of each new day as you work with an energetic, multiskilled and flexible team of analysts, lawyers and consultants to help your clients navigate the full spectrum of Industrial Relations challenges.
About the team
In the Workplace Integrity team, we use our Industrial relations and legal expertise to provide an objective lens on our clients’ approach to their employment framework, specifically tailoring Industrial Relations solutions that are fit-for-purpose. We take a pragmatic approach to the interpretation and application of Industrial Instruments, working in close partnership with our Risk Analytics and Deloitte PaySmart teams in the targeted analysis of employee data, particularly in relation to reviewing workplace relations compliance.
What will your typical day look like?
As part of the Workplace Integrity Team, you will encourage our clients to “Be on the front foot. Not on the front page”.
As a valued team member of the Workplace Integrity Team you will play a pivotal role influencing, coaching, advising and supporting our diverse range of clients across different industries on driving workforce compliance, improvements and productivity. We are a national team who work in all states and we encourage flexibility so there are no geographical boundaries across Australia where Deloitte has an office and we welcome applications from all states.
Every day, you will work to mitigate business risks and provide a positive customer experience. You will consult and be responsible for providing expert guidance on leading workplace relations practices. You will demonstrate effective early intervention and holistic long-term workforce strategies that are aligned to the needs of the business and its people, whilst ensuring compliance within the relevant legislative frameworks.
You will contribute to the design of innovative solutions in response to risk issues and identify organisational risks and opportunities for process and system changes to better manage future risk on a sustainable and collaborative basis.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You will be agile, approachable, and pragmatic in your interactions with our diverse stakeholders showing empathy, flexibility and resilience every day. You are adept at translating complex, technical Industrial Relations problems into simple, understandable concepts that all stakeholders can relate to. With substantial hands on Industrial Relations experience you have intimate knowledge of the Fair Work regulatory system and an innate understanding of the relevant stakeholders Above all, you are someone with the utmost integrity, who holds confidentiality and discretion at their core.
You are someone with:
• A passion for Industrial Relations compliance and strategy
• A proven Industrial Relations background with an ability to think critically, strategically and translate this into practical, operational outcomes
• Knowledge of the Australian Fair Work regulatory system, the award modernisation process and an ability to contextualise and apply this framework to our clients’ circumstances
• A passion for simplification and process improvement
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to identify, analyse and resolve complex and multifaceted problems
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• A collaborative and consultative approach
• The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
• You see obstacles as opportunity and are solution-driven
• Industrial Relations consulting or Industrial Relations law experience
• You will have relevant qualifications in Law, Industrial Relations or Commerce
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. We encourage flexibility in the workplace and knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are keen to understand what works best for you and discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Join our diverse and growing team of talented and like-minded people to disrupt and shape Deloitte’s future workforce. If you have questions about the role, the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You may contact Carolyn Foo on 02 9322 5210 or apply directly on our Deloitte careers website.