|Apps close:||Friday 7th February 2020|
Since the day Maurice Blackburn opened our doors nearly a hundred years ago, we’ve been in the business of helping people; fighting to make a genuine difference to people’s lives. We exist to help everyday Australians use the law to fight back against unfair treatment. Our passion for righting wrongs is at the heart of everything we do. This is why we’ve grown to become Australia’s leading social justice law firm. After all, we believe wholeheartedly in what we do.
About the Role
Our high profile Employment & Industrial practice is recognised as a leader and we have represented many trade unions and individuals in landmark cases. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 3 plus years PAE level Lawyer to join our Employment and Industrial Law team in our Melbourne Office on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting to a well-respected Principal you will have the opportunity to produce quality work for our clients whilst maintaining a practical and commercial focus. You will meet with potential clients and use your legal technical knowledge and expertise to strive for fair outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria:
• 3 plus years post-admission experience;
• Experience in the Employment & Industrial law area is highly regarded;
• Experience with conducting litigation in Tribunals and Courts
• Experience with conciliation conferences or mediations;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Commitment to the values of Maurice Blackburn; and
• Empathy for our clients’ circumstances.
A law firm like no other
Work with people who are truly passionate about the work we do and the impact we have on the community. From the kind of people who work here, to the kind of cases we take on, these values have run deeply throughout our organisation for almost a century.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is something we are absolutely committed to. We actively work to create a strong and inclusive culture enriched by differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age and family arrangements. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We also offer great employee benefits, some of which include:
• Ongoing coaching and career development opportunities
• Fully paid gym membership
• Salary Continuance & Life Insurance
• 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
• Wellbeing Programs for you and your family
• Generous leave entitlements
• Health and Wellbeing Leave
• 18 weeks paid parental leave / 4 weeks paid secondary carers leave
If you can help us see the world from a different perspective enabling us to solve problems, face challenges and service our clients more effectively, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position!