|Apps close:||Tuesday 31st December 2019|
About the organisation and opportunity:
We are the largest national specialist law firm specialising in Employment, Industrial Relations and Safety law. Having just launched with a splash with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth we are looking to increase our busy Sydney team with two additional senior lawyers.
There are two positions available in this large team supporting 6 partners. The first position is that of a senior lawyer specialising in workplace health and safety. We have one of the premier safety teams in the market and this role will be engaged in both front end and litigation. It will involve training, incident management and running prosecutions and coronial inquests across a range of industries and government. The second position is more in the employment and industrial relations area where we are looking for a senior lawyer to undertake litigation and advisory work across the range of workplace issues both individual and collective.
The lawyers at Kingston Reid have client contact responsibilities as well as the ability to get involved in some of the most significant employment, safety and industrial matters before the Courts. We have very high standards with respect to everything we do. This is reflected in our core values:
• We are frank, fearless and fantastic
• We walk in their shoes
• We think big and stay curious
• We will delight
• We are motivated, spirited and ambitious
Working with a large close knit, high achieving local and national team you will be guided and mentored with the opportunity to grow and develop your career. The role is in our Sydney office in the heart of the CBD.
As a senior lawyer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Undertaking often complex legal work in the advisory space as well as litigation
• Preparing presentations and legal insights
• Sharing and developing knowledge and experience across the team
• Building rapport and strong relationships with clients
• Mentoring and developing junior lawyers
Skills & experience we’re looking for:
• Between 4 and 8 years’ post-admission experience
• Experience in employment, industrial relations and/or safety law
• Outstanding communication skills
• Superior client service and presentation skills
• Organised and proactive approach
• Ability to confidently multi-task
• A willingness to learn
• Open and enthusiastic mindset
What we offer
• Competitive salary and workplace benefits
• Experience working in a close-knit, friendly and collegiate workplace
• Varied work experience and challenging opportunities
How to apply
To apply for this role, please apply by uploading your resume and cover letter directly to SEEK (https://www.seek.com.au/job/40511982). Please contact Janae Moyle at Janae.Moyle@kingstonreid.com if you have any other questions.
Please note: we are only accepting applications directly from the applicant. Applications via recruitment agencies will be politely declined.