|Salary:||$84,927K and $91,899K|
|Company:||Australian Services Union|
|Apps close:||Friday 13th December 2019|
The Australian Services Union Authorities & Services Branch covers Victoria and Tasmania. Our members hail from diverse industries including local government, social and community services, water, energy, transport, shipping, travel, info tech and - exclusive to Tasmania – airlines and clerical/administration.
The Australian Services Union (ASU) is one of Australia’s largest unions representing approximately 120,000 employees.
We are growing membership and building strength through working with members in their workplaces, in their industries and within their professions.
About the Role
The ASU Victorian & Tasmanian Branch is seeking a full time Industrial Officer to work with our legal and governance manager, elected officials and organisers.
The position will include advocacy on behalf of members and the Union in a wide variety of situations including in proceedings before the Fair Work Commission and other forums.
This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
The successful candidate will have:
• A high level of technical legal skill
• Solid working knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009 and other relevant federal and state legislation
• Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A high level of initiative and autonomy in gaining a ready understanding of new subject areas in order to provide written and/or oral advice
• Proven capacity to write for different audiences and purposes and to work with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
• Relevant qualifications (such as LLB) or significant experience in industrial relations
The successful applicant will need to enjoy working as part of a team to support the principles of trade unionism.
Depending on level of experience, a salary in the range of $84,927K and $91,899K is available.
Applications close 5:00 PM, Friday 13th December 2019
Further information: Rachel Acton, Executive Assistant
Ph. (03) 9342 3404 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com for a copy of the Position Description.
Applications should be addressed to Scott Shepherd, Legal and Governance Manager and sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (03) 9342 3499 or
Post: PO Box 37 Carlton South, 3053 (116 Queensberry Street, Carlton South)