|Company:||Medical Scientists Association of Victoria|
|Telephone:||03 9623 9623|
|Facsimile:||03 9663 8109|
|Apps close:||Friday 13th December 2019|
The Medical Scientists Association of Victoria is an autonomous component association of Health Services Union - Victoria No 4 Branch.
Through the MSAV, the HSU Vic No. 4 branch industrially organises and represents Medical Scientists, Dietitians, Medical Physicists, Clinical Perfusionists, Audiologists, Genetic Counsellors, Psychologists and Hospital Pharmacists in the public, community and private health sectors in Victoria.
The MSAV is seeking to recruit an Industrial Officer as part of a small, progressive industrial team.
The position is part time at 0.8 EFT, but we can be flexible on this for the right person.
The role includes advocacy, negotiations with employers and government, directly representing members in workplace matters, representing the Union in various forums, recruitment of new members, provision of strategic advice and mentoring staff.
We are looking for someone with:
• Demonstrated commitment to trade union values and social justice principles
• Experience in the Fair Work Commission or other tribunals and knowledge of industrial instruments and collective bargaining
• Ability to work as a part of a small industrial team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to recruit new union members
• Current drivers license
• Tertiary qualifications in law or a related discipline will be well regarded though not essential and a working knowledge of the health industry is desirable.
• Previous experience as an industrial officer or organiser will also be regarded highly
Along with excellent working conditions, an attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, depending on qualifications and experience.