|Salary:||An attractive salary commensurate with experience|
|Company:||Collieries’ Staff and Officials Association|
|Telephone:||(02) 9269 0688|
|Apps close:||Monday 25th November 2019|
The Collieries’ Staff and Officials Association (CSOA) is seeking an admitted solicitor to join our team as a Legal Officer to advance the interests of supervisory, professional, administrative and technical employees in the black coal mining industry. The role offers the successful candidate a broad diversity of work, an attractive salary based on experience, a packaged motor vehicle and flexible working arrangements including part-time.
The CSOA is a division of Professionals Australia (APESMA) which is an employee association of 25,000 Australian professionals.
The CSOA represents supervisory, professional, administrative, clerical and technical employees in the black coal mining industry.
Our members are located across Australia in the coalfields of the Illawarra, Western District, the Hunter and Newcastle in New South Wales, the Bowen Basin, Surat Basin and Ipswich in Queensland and in Tasmania and Western Australia.
The roles are varied in nature and include:
• Attending disciplinary meetings with members both on and off site;
• Attending and appearing in matters before the Fair Work Commission;
• Providing advice to the Director on contract reviews, employment, safety, award and internal matters;
• Assisting Officials with enterprise bargaining;
• Attending meetings with, and advocating on behalf of members in statutory safety investigations; and
• Preparing for, and attending industry and parliamentary consultations and inquiries.
The position will be based close by Town Hall, Sydney, however regular travel to the New South Wales and Queensland Coal fields will be required.
The successful applicants will have the following:
• At minimum of 2-5 years' post-qualification experience as a Solicitor, ideally in Industrial, Employment and/or Safety;
• A demonstrated commitment to trade union principles;
• A strong attention to detail;
• The ability to relate to both members and staff, and to work both individually and as a team;
• A current driver’s licence;
• A willingness to travel throughout the coalfields in NSW and QLD;
• A strong, plain language communication style.
The role provides the following remuneration package:
• An attractive salary commensurate with experience;
• A motor vehicle;
• 12 RDO’s per year; and
• Christmas shut-down.
When applying for this position applicants should address the selection criteria, which can be obtained from Marisa Whitington by calling (02) 9269 0688 or emailing email@example.com
Applications marked "confidential" should be addressed and emailed to:
Collieries’ Staff and Officials Association
Applications close 5pm Monday 25 November 2019.