|Company:||Electrical Trades Union of Australia National Office|
|Telephone:||02 9663 3699|
|Apps close:||Saturday 30th November 2019|
About the business and the role
The Electrical Trades Union is a growing union representing over 65,000 electrical workers and other skilled workers across a wide range of industries.
Applications are sought for a highly qualified and experienced individual with the ability to work within a small team of professionals as a National Industrial Officer.
This is a maternity leave replacement role to commence 13 January 2020, until July 2020. You will be reporting to the ETU National Secretary and the National Legal Officer. The position is based in Rosebery, NSW.
The ETU offers generous salary and employment conditions and the position provides opportunity to be part of a growing union with a proud history of defending workers' rights.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the National Industrial Officer include:
• prosecuting litigation of national importance to the union;
• provide high level advice to the ETU's leadership;
• advocacy before the Fair Work Commission, including on award matters;
• providing advice and assistance to ETU Branches;
• providing mentoring to more junior employees and
• developing education material for organisers and members concerning workplace rights and legislative amendments.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
• have a demonstrated commitment to trade unionism or social justice;
• be experienced with managing complex litigation in both industrial tribunals and the court system;
• be confident briefing and instructing counsel;
• be highly motivated, able to work independently and in small teams; and
It will be desirable for the successful candidate to also have:
• a working knowledge of the modern awards system;
• demonstrated experience of interlinking litigation with broader strategic objectives; and
• previous experience in the electrical power industry or trades occupations.