|Salary:||Remuneration is dependant on skills and experience|
|Company:||Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance|
|Apps close:||Thursday 14th November 2019|
Equity is the performers’ section of the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance.
We are currently looking for an experienced industrial/legal officer to join the Equity team in the MEAA national office, based in Redfern.
Reporting to the Equity Director the successful candidate will provide industrial services in relation to the screen (film, television, interactive media and TVCs) and live performance sectors in Australia.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Supporting the Equity Director in negotiations involving industry wide and production specific agreements
• Dispute resolution and enterprise bargaining
• Legal drafting – drafting contracts, enterprise agreements, and industry agreements
• Negotiating industrial agreements with producers
• Working closely with actors’ agents on a range of contractual issues and queries
• Providing legal and strategic industrial advice
• Servicing individual members with the more complex contractual or employment issues
• Working closely with Equity Organisers and attending cast meetings as necessary
• Working knowledge of the screen and live performance industries, especially copyright and employment issues
• Industrial relations experience, including working knowledge of awards and enterprise agreements
• Negotiation, advocacy and dispute resolution skills
• Ability to analyse and resolve individual member issues
• Ability to maintain good working relations with agents
• Commitment to working collegially
Legal qualifications would be well regarded as would experience in the screen or media industries, along with a commitment to performers’ rights and to collectivist ideals. This role would suit someone who has worked in a contracting role in the screen production or broadcasting sector, as an agent, or as an industrial officer with another professional association.
The position is available on a 6 month fixed term basis with a package dependent on skills and experience, plus 10.5% employer contribution to superannuation. You will also be entitled to 5 weeks annual leave each year plus an additional 3 days leave between Christmas and New Year.
Applications close on Thursday 14 November at 5pm. Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org