|Company:||Australian Hotels Association (WA)|
|Telephone:||08 9321 7701|
|Apps close:||Thursday 31st October 2019|
Australian Hotels Association (WA)
Seeking employment lawyer for in-house position – 4years+ PAE - Manage a busy Workplace Relations Department in a powerful industry association
• Are you passionate about employment/industrial law but sick of the rigid confines of a law firm environment?
• Do you enjoy solving a wide range of employment related issues for a diverse variety of clients?
• Do you want to have fun at work and achieve real work / life balance in a job that guarantees something new every day?
• Do you want to manage a team and develop your leadership skills whilst kick-starting your in-house career?
If you answered yes to any of the above, we have the job for you.
The Australian Hotels Association (WA) (AHA) is seeking an experienced employment lawyer to manage its Workplace Relations Department.
The AHA is WA’s most respected hotel, hospitality and tourism association. Based in West Perth, we are a dedicated team representing and providing advice to hospitality industry businesses. Our members range from owner operated country pubs, bars and hospitality venues through to 5 star international hotels and tourism/event facilities.
Working with our broad membership base will provide you with varied and interesting work including advocacy work in industrial courts and tribunals.
As a member of the AHA’s leadership team, you will have an opportunity to shape industry policy and legislative change at a State and Federal level.
You will be responsible for:
• leading provision of advice on a range of employment matters including termination, redundancy procedures, performance management, award interpretation and occupational health and safety;
• working with the CEO on National and State workforce development, employment and training policies for input to Government and stakeholders;
• provision of high level advice and representation in employment related claims in the Fair Work Commission, Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission and other courts and tribunals;
• drafting and reviewing correspondence, contracts and other documents for AHA members;
• leading provision of information to members including award update bulletins, online information and weekly publications; and
• engaging with other state branches and contributing to national initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the role also encompasses the duties of an in-house legal counsel including responsibility for organisational compliance, stakeholder relationships, RTO compliance and risk management.
The successful applicant must have a current and unrestricted practicing certificate and a minimum of four years’ post-admission experience in industrial relations/ employment law. You will have excellent written and oral communication and possess strong leadership skills as well as the confidence, technical ability and experience to lead an advocacy agenda and deliver excellence in member service and advice.
• full time position
• West Perth location
• salary commensurate with experience
• full position description available on request
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing your experience and why you would be suited to the role.
Further information: Seek https://www.seek.com.au/job/40101138?cid=advlinkedin
or call Elizabeth McLean or Antony Vlahov on 08 9321 7701.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.